65 Mustang. I need help.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hey people I'm going to refurbish a 65 Mustang for my Dad's G/F.
I want to convert it to front discs. Who makes a complete kit for a decent price? It's a 289, auto. Stock, not a hotrod. I want to make it safe and reliable for her. Any help and/or tips are much appreciated. :beer: :thumbsup:

66GT350

Established Member
As far as a bolt-on kit on a mild 289 you can't go wrong with the Stainless Steel Brake Co (SSBC) kits. I have them on my 66 GT350 and they are great. No fitment issues and bolt up standard. You probably don't need 4 wheel disks if it is a well mannered pony, but do look into a booster if you do not have one and are running enough vacuum for it. Trans Am Racing (www.transamracing.net) has a very clean, drop-in solution that looks terrific. Good luck.

I might suggest that if you have any other questions drop by the Classic Mustang forum over at Stangnet.com, we'll be happy to help you any way we can

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 66GT350
As far as a bolt-on kit on a mild 289 you can't go wrong with the Stainless Steel Brake Co (SSBC) kits. I have them on my 66 GT350 and they are great. No fitment issues and bolt up standard. You probably don't need 4 wheel disks if it is a well mannered pony, but do look into a booster if you do not have one and are running enough vacuum for it. Trans Am Racing (www.transamracing.net) has a very clean, drop-in solution that looks terrific. Good luck.

I might suggest that if you have any other questions drop by the Classic Mustang forum over at Stangnet.com, we'll be happy to help you any way we can

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread