615HP - 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine is Here!!! | PRI 2022

layzie

Established Member
People also fail to admit the reality of the epa and future of cars.

if it didnt come with the engine from the factory, it wont be street legal In the next decade.

Remember, a windsor is a windsor is a windsor. :)

OX1

Established Member
People also fail to admit the reality of the epa and future of cars.

if it didnt come with the engine from the factory, it wont be street legal In the next decade.

Remember, a windsor is a windsor is a windsor. :)

Hmmmmmmm. Lib land NJ doesn't even smog anything OBDI and older. You can grab something as new as 95 and still be fine.

And that does not even begin to account for EV's with swapped in ICE's (2023 Model Xcrapo don't need no stincken smog, ever). Just put some really good muff's and no tailpipes.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I’m totally uninformed on the motor but what’s the intended application for it?

is this a massive HP monster? Seems a bit large displacement wise when we’re putting 1000 through our 5.8s

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m totally uninformed on the motor but what’s the intended application for it?

is this a massive HP monster? Seems a bit large displacement wise when we’re putting 1000 through our 5.8s
its a pretty hot motor for the swap world right now. It's not as wide as a coyote (only a little wider than an old 351 and close in length) and being cam in block a more simple engine. People are making good power NA without having to rev the hell out of it.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
its a pretty hot motor for the swap world right now. It's not as wide as a coyote (only a little wider than an old 351 and close in length) and being cam in block a more simple engine. People are making good power NA without having to rev the hell out of it.
Gotcha, I didn’t realize it was actually spaced for regular chasis. That’s awesome

kaz109

Established Member
This is the motor I would’ve loved to see in the Raptor R

Tbird-G

I'm 75 and I have a 57 Thunderbird with a 428ci FE. I'd like to swap in a Megazilla 7.3L/10R80 to have an ICE with EFI that would run without restarting 5 times, gets 12+ mpg, doesn't leak oil everywhere, manufactured in a Ford factory. I'd like to do this swap before I get old. It's 11/19/23 and there's not enough evidence to convict Ford of ever selling a Megazilla to a customer. Is the Megazilla 615HP 7.3L ever going to be offered to the public by Ford with control units to make it run and shift gears
?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm 75 and I have a 57 Thunderbird with a 428ci FE. I'd like to swap in a Megazilla 7.3L/10R80 to have an ICE with EFI that would run without restarting 5 times, gets 12+ mpg, doesn't leak oil everywhere, manufactured in a Ford factory. I'd like to do this swap before I get old. It's 11/19/23 and there's not enough evidence to convict Ford of ever selling a Megazilla to a customer. Is the Megazilla 615HP 7.3L ever going to be offered to the public by Ford with control units to make it run and shift gears
?

We'll take a run at the Ford guys and try to get more info during PRI next month.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt if this should still be considered a small block, but that’s just me… what do you guys think?
It’s an extra medium.
But seriously the deck height is less than conventional BBF and even 5.4 modular but it has larger bore spacing than SBF and can go to over 450” (maybe more). Definitely not clear but I’m a fan of the new medium block push rod big inch with modern tech.
-J

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It’s an extra medium.
But seriously the deck height is less than conventional BBF and even 5.4 modular but it has larger bore spacing than SBF and can go to over 450” (maybe more). Definitely not clear but I’m a fan of the new medium block push rod big inch with modern tech.
-J

Medium block is a pretty good term for it, especially if you are going off the bore spacing. Which is 0.10 in smaller than an FE engine.

OX1

Established Member
It’s an extra medium.
-J

Medium? Like an update to the 351M/400/Cleveland blocks?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Medium? Like an update to the 351M/400/Cleveland blocks?
Pretty much. With bigger bore and modular bell pattern for the modern 6R/10R and common adapters from mod motor to SFI.
It was conceived as a modern update on the SBF with room to grow.
Starting with 445” helps too :)
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Medium block is a pretty good term for it, especially if you are going off the bore spacing. Which is 0.10 in smaller than an FE engine.
Did not recognize they were that close.
It’s impressive that Ford is making the 7.3 Godzilla. I’m glad the aftermarket has embraced it too.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread