615HP - 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine is Here!!! | PRI 2022

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
615HP - 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine is Here!!! | PRI 2022

pri2022Ford.jpg

Hanging out in the Ford Booth at PRI is always one of the highlights of the show. Not only is it manned by a great group of incredibly knowledgeable guys, but if you stick around long enough nearly everyone you know in the Ford performance industry will stroll through. That booth essentially becomes an unofficial meeting space for those of us deep in the Blue Oval game. Then there's the parts...

This year the Ford Performance Racing Parts guys debuted the all ne 7.3L MEGAZILLA Crate Engine (M-6007-MZ73). Cranking out 615HP and 640 LbFt of torque on pump gas. Even more impressively, it makes over 500 LbFt from 2,500-6,000RPMs. Mike Goodwin, Production Manager for Engines/Drivetrain/Calibrations, took time to walk us through the features of the new pushrod bruiser and Ford's other new products on display. Check out the vid:

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_012.jpg

The new front-inlet intake manifold is a dead giveaway that you're not looking at a standard Godzilla engine.

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_014.jpg

The beauty cover on the intake is a nice touch.

PRI_2022_Early_Day_1_015.jpg

The most surprising thing about this engine to me is how little upgrading it actually needs to make the power it does.

PRI_2022_Day_2_022.jpg

In case you were wondering, this is what the head bolts and gasket for a Godzilla looks like.

PRI_2022_Day_2_021.jpg

And this is the timing set.

PRI_2022_Day_2_047.jpg

Ford was not the only manufacturer showing off 7.3L parts. BTR had their short runner intake on display.

PRI_2022_Day_2_050.jpg

Mahle (Megazilla piston supplier) had a 3D printed Godzilla piston in their booth.

PRI_2022_Day_2_051.jpg

The bigger bore of the 7.3L is easy to spot when compared to a Modular engine.

PRI_2022_Day_2_012.jpg

This short block has a lot of LS stopping to take a look.

-SID297

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Is this still considered a small block?

Curious if I could stuff this in my CJ5. 351W fits just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good article, Travis, and one that should peak the continued interest here on the 7.3 Megazilla. Beast of a motor!

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good stuff Travis.

Was that Mark Wilson I saw in the background? And if you don't mind, what's the camera setup you are using for these walk around videos?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is this still considered a small block?

Curious if I could stuff this in my CJ5. 351W fits just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It doesn't easily fit into definition for either a SB or a BB. It's sort of a medium block, or a big SB. It def doesn't have BB dimensions. It should fit about anywhere a 351 will go.

Good stuff Travis.

Was that Mark Wilson I saw in the background? And if you don't mind, what's the camera setup you are using for these walk around videos?

Yep, it was. I just use a GoPro with some bolt-ons. The specifics are in the vid description on YT.

Fits in terminator?

Yep.

Adower

Established Member
Hell yah! This thing will be a beast for us NA guys. A couple points of compression and E85 and will make a fun street car. Wish it had higher rpm range like the LS7. I hope its easily swappable into the SN95 platform.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm in talks to build a stroker motor for my 93, but crates like this always catch my eye. Would be awesome to get a ford crate that can be easily stuffed in the engine bay of a foxbody and under the stock hood.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm in talks to build a stroker motor for my 93, but crates like this always catch my eye. Would be awesome to get a ford crate that can be easily stuffed in the engine bay of a foxbody and under the stock hood.

We had some conversations about more parts for the 7.3L making it into the catalog. They really need a swap friendly oil pan.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Travis, did you happen to get any footage over at the Harrop booth on the new Harrop TVS3100 Supercharger for the Godzilla crate engine?

319632573_750017183358607_1856377071657202606_n.jpg

I did not make it over there. I literally pulled 10 hour days at the show and still didn't get to talk to everyone I wanted to. Then I spent another 8 hours each day meeting and talking to others in the industry. I might have managed to get 11 hours of sleep over 3 nights.

Someone needs to put together an S-197 platform swap package.

Really need an oil pan to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread