600+HP Cobra For Sale or Trade

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I'm gauging interest in my 96 Cobra. I'm in no hurry to sell or anything, just getting kind of tired of the car and looking to build a new project. The mods are extensive and the car is setup correctly. I'll give a brief rundown, but I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.

Original black on tan leather car, 115k miles on the body, 10k miles on the new motor and tranny, 5k miles on the new blower headunit.

Engine: 2001 Cobra block .020 over, Cobra crank, Manley Billet I-beam rods, CP 17cc dish pistons, race ported 01 heads, Aviator intake conversion using only the short runners, Delphi 75lb injectors, Steeda fuel rails, sumped stock tank, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump with billet filter and check valve, -10 feed, -6 return, Procharger D1SC 3.40 pulley with 3-row intercooler and big red race bypass valve, Meziere electric waterpump, 8-rib setup with Reichard billet a/c delete/manual tensioner.

Transmission: D&D T56 transmission with Ram clutch, $500 D&D aluminum driveshaft.

Exhaust: Sean Hyland 1 3/4-1 7/8" stepped equal length longtubes, Bassani offroad X-pipe, Mac catback kit.

Rearend: 31-spline Moser axles, FRPP 4.10 gear, Eaton limited slip.

Suspension: Front: D&D k-member and control arms, D&D caster camber plates, D&D coilovers with QA1 14" 150lb springs, Strange 10-way adjustable struts. Rear: UPR dbl adjustable uppers, UPR solid lowers, UPR antiroll bar, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Koni adjustable shocks.

Interior: X2C Motorsports black racing seats, rear seat delete, A-pillar pod with boost and oil pressure gauge.

Electronics: FAST bank to bank stand alone engine management system with EDIS, MSD DIS4 ignition box.

Exterior: fresh Ford black paint with custom Sonic blue shredder graphics on the front by Frodesign Paint Work, Cervini's Cobra R hood, rear decklid holes filled.

Wheels/tires: 15x3.5 Weld 1-piece alumastar fronts with 165R15's, 15x10 Bogart Drag On Star II rears with 28x10.5-15 ET Drags.

The car with the 6-rib setup and slipping belt (17lbs of boost) put down 504rwhp 420lb/ft on a loaded Dyno Dynamics dyno on 93 octane. The dyno operator said expect 560-580rwhp on a Dynojet 248.

Since then I converted the setup to 8-rib and it makes 19lbs now with the same size pulley as the 6-rib setup.

The car should put down close to 600rwhp on a dynojet now on pump gas and a good bit more on race gas.

The car went 6.95@94 on a humid night prior to the antiroll bar and was carrying the left front over a foot through 1st gear. Best 60ft was a 1.40 on the small 26" slicks. I've added the antiroll bar now and it should go high 1.30 60fts. I haven't power shifted the car since I got it and it should pick up 1-2 tenths shifting it hard.

I drove the car from Ringgold, GA to Bowling Green, KY for the NMRA race. Entered the car show after driving up there and took home 1st Place Best Modern Mustang at Saturday's show and on Sunday I won Editor's Choice over the whole field.

This car has been properly load cell tuned on the Dyno Dynamics dyno and I got 22 miles per gallon on the trip to Bowling Green. The car is very docile on the street with the stock cams, but is not for the inexperienced or weak hearted. This car will get you hurt if you don't respect it.

I'm looking for $18,000 for the car, or I will consider possible trades plus cash for a 99-up Mustang with turbo or other unique setups, mid-late 90's Lexus GS, BMW 3-series or 5-series, etc. etc.
Email me at [email protected] with any questions.

mark1.jpg

96cobrapainted_003.jpg

markwheelsuplight.jpg

underhoodnmra.jpg

TRACK FOOTAGE:

Please right click and save as:

http://www.sextonsperformance.com/markwheelsupeditted.wmv

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
BADBOY2003 said:
Hows the gas mileage!!?!?!!

It got 22 miles per gallon on the interstate running 80-90 on the way to Bowling Green for the NMRA race. I'd say it gets more like 12 around town cause I drive it a little harder there.

Blown318

2FAST4U Racing
Established Member
what size sppacer did you have to run to fit the alumastars with the cobra brakes?? :shrug:

diesel_daddy

Established Member
What does it take to do the aviator intake conversion? Can you run later model heads or fr500 heads with it? Sorry to hijack, but I've only seen this conversion on a few cars and was curious to learn more about it. Thanks, Dane

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
diesel_daddy said:
What does it take to do the aviator intake conversion? Can you run later model heads or fr500 heads with it? Sorry to hijack, but I've only seen this conversion on a few cars and was curious to learn more about it. Thanks, Dane

Yes, it works with any C-heads, 99-01 Cobra, 03-04 Cobra/Mach1/Marauder/Aviator, FR500, etc. You can find my thread on corral.net for me details on the install.

MuTiLaToR

Banned
not sure but did you change the price? i thought it was 17-16k a few weeks ago. Not sure tho. anyways I'm still very interested. lmk if you still wanna keep it

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
MuTiLaToR said:
not sure but did you change the price? i thought it was 17-16k a few weeks ago. Not sure tho. anyways I'm still very interested. lmk if you still wanna keep it

No if I'd changed the price it would say "editted" under the post. I've basically decided to keep it, I'm gonna start getting it prepped for FFW True Street next week.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I'm considering selling this car rolling chassis with no motor or transmission, and without the front alumastars. It will still include the FAST system for any mod motor and fuel system and everything. $7,500

Users who are viewing this thread