6.8 V10 Custom grind cams?

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Definitely a custom twin turbo. Maybe some Borgwarner twin 366s? Either way don’t go too big.
Have you called Comp or another cam shop?
The beauty of twins is you don’t need a huge cam, actually closer to stock the better here.
I’d think Comp or another shop could regrind relatively easily to custom specs to have great low end and a broad torque curve, think EcoBoost.
Other option is that if a Mustang or truck front cover or FEAD fits, any of the Vortech, Paxton, Procharger or even Torque Storm should be able to be adapted.
There may even be a crank driven potential like Chris Alston Chassis or others:(Chris Alston's Chassisworks)
Cool project man, good luck.
-J
So sorry for the late response!! And also for sparking an old thread.. been super busy lately and had to sideline all project related things. I have not called yet, was still trying to decide on setup. But, more than likely will go with a twin setup similar to what you mentioned. I really appreciate all of the info, help, and well wishes for the project! Thank you a ton, sorry for getting back to you so late.

MadMaxGarage

Just stumbled across this thread while doing research for a build I want to start soon. Have you made any progress on the v10 project? What engine management system did you go with? Did you go with turbos and custom cams or keep it N/A?
Hope all is well and i look forward to hearing about your experience

Caden807

I’ll be back
Established Member
Just stumbled across this thread while doing research for a build I want to start soon. Have you made any progress on the v10 project? What engine management system did you go with? Did you go with turbos and custom cams or keep it N/A?
Hope all is well and i look forward to hearing about your experience
The build has been put on the back burner for a little while. Still excited to get started when things are ready! There are a few guys making some good progress over on the “Ford V10 Crew” Facebook group with some good info. It will be a turbo build when I get back to it. Happy to see more guys interested in them! Thank you for the well wishes!

CCM302

Established Member
The build has been put on the back burner for a little while. Still excited to get started when things are ready! There are a few guys making some good progress over on the “Ford V10 Crew” Facebook group with some good info. It will be a turbo build when I get back to it. Happy to see more guys interested in them! Thank you for the well wishes!
Any updates? Or still on the back burner?

I've got a standard cab V10 with long bed. It pulls my race car fine, but it could use a little help. I was hoping you would have an entire kit that you're mass producing by now :LOL:.

Users who are viewing this thread