6.7 Vacuum Pump Gasket

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Just a heads up to the guys with the 6.7 to check the vacuum pump bolts. It's on the front of the engine right under the intake. I took my truck in for the recall and was told the vacuum pump was leaking oil. I checked it this weekend and it was weeping more than leaking. Two of the bolts were loose and took 2-3 turns to tighten. I cleaned everything up and will check back next week as I'll have about 1000 miles on it by then. Hopefully I caught it early enough.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Figured I should follow up with this. I checked after a couple weeks which was a touch over 1000 miles with everything and no more leak.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Funny story. Mine started leaking on my 15. It happened during my busy season, so it was meet with a "it'll be ok, its not that bad."

Well, as soon as the season wrapped up, the wife and kids and I had a work vacation to pick up a genset in Texas with the truck and trailer. So we took off. Somewhere close to Texas was a quick little traffic jam, where I got hard on the brake, and then back on the gas.

My dash immediately pops with low oil pressure when that happened. Pull off, and yup, two gallons were needed to get back to full. We kept going to Texas, got the gen set, and headed home, adding another 2 gallons on the way back.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just a heads up to the guys with the 6.7 to check the vacuum pump bolts. It's on the front of the engine right under the intake. I took my truck in for the recall and was told the vacuum pump was leaking oil. I checked it this weekend and it was weeping more than leaking. Two of the bolts were loose and took 2-3 turns to tighten. I cleaned everything up and will check back next week as I'll have about 1000 miles on it by then. Hopefully I caught it early enough.
What year do you have? Wondering if it affects certain years

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What year do you have? Wondering if it affects certain years
2015. It definitely affects the 2011-2016. I'm not sure about the 2017+. But better safe than sorry. On mine it's easy to spot with a flash light looking under the intake tube. It's one of the things I'll be checking when I'm doing the last bit of maintenance before heading to South Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread