6.2 SOHC Raptor Fox vs. 2009 TVS GT500 630 rwhp and 2012 2.9 Whipple Coyote 590 rwhp

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Got a couple of quick hits in the raptor fox now that the brakes aren't preloading anymore. Both of these cars routinely trap 126-127+. Wasn't expecting these runs, but we were on the way to a meet in Mexico and said what the hell. I'd say my MPH is back :). Hoping to get back to the track soon on these ET Drags. Sorry for the iPhone quality, but enjoy!

Coyote run:

[youtube_browser]Kvd1K1Eayk0[/youtube_browser]

GT500 run:

[youtube_browser]AiG7w4cIImI[/youtube_browser]

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
What are the details of the 6.2 raptor motor? How is it compared to the 6.2 ls3 motor? Does it have a codename?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Codename = Hurricane (changed after Katrina in 2005) to Boss.

Difference between the Ford 6.2 and LS3 = One was made with your tax dollars and the other was not.

What are the details of the 6.2 raptor motor? How is it compared to the 6.2 ls3 motor? Does it have a codename?

Last edited:

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
OMG, the rise of the fox will happen again(Not that they ever were not the shit, just saying version 2.0 is upon us) Awesome car dude, I see it says it's green in your sig, care to share a pic? Green ones are always the fastest ;)

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
OMG, the rise of the fox will happen again(Not that they ever were not the shit, just saying version 2.0 is upon us) Awesome car dude, I see it says it's green in your sig, care to share a pic? Green ones are always the fastest ;)

Thanks, there are some other pics in the build thread.
Sounds sick especially for being stock cams!

Not the factory cams, but thanks.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Such a badass swap :rockon:

What do you think you could do that swap for cash-wise? Im thinkin with a C4 behind it would go damn good (not that it doesnt now obviously)!

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn looks like I missed some fun, glade to see your fox is running good, I would like to do some runs with you some time.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Such a badass swap :rockon:

What do you think you could do that swap for cash-wise? Im thinkin with a C4 behind it would go damn good (not that it doesnt now obviously)!

Just like any swap build it depends on how much power, attention to detail, and reliable you want it. Fast, cheap, and reliable......pick two. I'd go into it with a coyote swap mindset at a minimum, but there are more costly obstacles (headers, brakes, etc)

Damn looks like I missed some fun, glade to see your fox is running good, I would like to do some runs with you some time.

PM sent

94_Vert

Established Member
Difference between the Ford 6.2 and LS3 = One was made with your tax dollars and the other was not.

I like ford, but please don't be so naive to think Ford never took fed money. They took 5.9 billion in '09 right before GM declared bankruptcy.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Looks like it's running great! I've been curious what that 6.2 would do in a car. I've worked on a crap ton of raptors at work and basic heads/cams/headers the trucks put down ~420's. I'd imagine in a fox drivetrain it'd around 500 na which is pretty damn good.

94_Vert

Established Member
Twas a LOAN not a government handout that they needed because they were bankrupt. I'm not naive.
If Ford didn't need the money I doubt they would have taken it.

A handout implies that GM isn't paying it back. So far they've paid 39 of the 49 billion back to the Fed's. It would be more but the Fed's wanted some stock options as part of the compensation return, and the stock prices haven't returned to pre-recession levels. Not exactly a handout.

Users who are viewing this thread