5w-50 in s/c track pack?

PC03GT

Established Member
Just wondering what guys were running in their supercharged 13/14 track pack mustangs? My last supercharged 5.0 was a 2012 track pack so I just ran 5w-20. Any suggestions

ajpturbo

Established Member
People will tell what viscosity and brand they run but it won't make a bit of difference. They will tell you that they ran a certain brand since there grand daddy was driving so that's their oil. Just read the thread mentioned above.

PC03GT

Established Member
This was just a simple question, it was for guys with supercharged 13/14 track pack cars. I wanted to know what oil they were running. Just wanted to see if they're still running 5w-50 on boost

ajpturbo

Established Member
Good info here from the oil thread by Beast:

<TABLE id=post13962122 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0> <TBODY> <TR vAlign=top> <TD class=alt2 width=175>
6.62 per day
Trader Rating: (8)

</TD> <TD id=td_post_13962122 class=alt1> Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset"> Originally Posted by 2014gttrackpack
what brand and weight of oil should I use and how many quarts do I need to used with a filter in a 2014 mustang gt w/the track pack? temp range from -4 to 105 degrees. I may drag race it a dozen times a year. about to do my first oil change UNLEASHED BEAST>>>>>>>>>>>>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I dumped the factory fill in my 2014 @ 1,000 miles. Use ATM 10W-30 below.

This recommendation list will cover all seasons for your car, from the harshest winter days, to the hottest summer days. The best part is, the oil only has to be changed once a year, or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first. Amsoil RD30 excluded.

8 quart fill (Coyote GT)
8.5 quart fill (Track Pack GT & Boss 302)

Amsoil ALM 5W-20 – If your car is 100% stock, never raced, driven like a grandma, or short tripped, no matter the climate….use this.

Amsoil AZO 0W-30 - If your car is driven year round up north in very cold temperatures, is lightly to moderately modded, and street or drag raced frequently....use this.

Amsoil ATM 10W-30 - If your car is moderate to heavily modded, used in hotter climate states, or never driven during winter months in northern states...use this.

Amsoil AMO 10W-40 - If you have a Boss 302 or Track Pack GT, and you road race your car for extended sessions....use this.

*Boss 302 and Track Pack GT owners - If you do not road race your car, use Amsoil ATM 10W-30. 5W-50 spec for this engine is overkill and results in excessive oil pressure.*

Amsoil RD30 10W-30 - If your car is heavily modded, producing HP beyond 600 rwhp, especially E85 fuel engines...use this. This lubricant must be changed every 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Amsoil EaO17 - This oil filter outperforms any filter on the market. The Royal Purple 20-500 is the same oil filter.

If you have the Getrag MT82 6 speed manual

Amsoil Synchromesh - requires 3 quarts. Use this even if you road race your car, are experiencing grinding, or simply want the smoothest shifting possible on the street.

If you have the 6R80 automatic 6 speed, this lubricant will help it survive the worst torture, lower internal friction, and reduce heat.

Amsoil LV Synthetic ATF - 12 quart total fill *With a torque converter swap, you will not need more than 10 quarts if you do not flush the external transmission cooler.*

and for the rear differential

Amsoil 75W-140 – buy 3 quarts to insure you always have enough no matter what differential cover is installed

Don't forget the friction modifier *Ford XL-3 is another great option here*

Amsoil Slip Lock - pour in 2 ounces (half bottle). If the differential still chatters, use the remaining two ounces.

*Boss 302 and Track Pack GT owners. If you have the Torsen differential in your car, do not use friction modifier.*
If you are storing your car during the winter, do not leave the fuel untreated.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Users who are viewing this thread