5th Clutch Cable

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Any suggestions? Is there a stronger one than the OEM Ford makes?

Any help would be appreciated:bash:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Do you have an aftermarket quadrant? Is it lined up properly?

The OEM cable has been the best one available, you may want to order from Steve @ Tousley if you can't find a good deal on one.

Goodluck

Josh

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
I have Mcleod everthing one my car, and I mean that literally. I just ordered another cable from MM, should be here tomorrow, but tis just getting old.

racebronco2

Established Member
Check on the quadrant to see for any signs of wear. I broke one and when i replaced it you could see where it was wearing at. I think part of the problem is the cable is slightly angled where it attaches to the quadrant with no support for the cable as it crosses over the 1st and 2nd cable locations.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Not familiar with the McLeod quadrants and adjusters but I know their produacts are usually top notch. There have been issues with the quadrants not being smooth and that causing issues with wearing the cable as djtyau mentioned earlier.

Juruense

Banned
You need to find the root cause of why you are breaking cables. The OEM cable should last 70 thousand miles or more. Does it always break in the same place? If so, WHERE?

Digital

Established Member
I have a steeda ADJ cable and a steeda/fiora firewall adj and quadrant. Great setup and zero issues so far.

Users who are viewing this thread