5mm Wheel Spacer on Stock Studs

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Will a 5mm spacer need longer studs or will the stock ones be fine? I ordered a set of Forgestar F14's in 19X10 squared but the caveat was in order to make them rotatable according to Forgestar I need to run a 5mm spacer up front.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
If I was OK with the offsets being different from front to back I would have been perfectly safe but I want to be able to rotate them.

Lagometer

Established Member
Forgestar directed me to a particular reseller to get my questions answered. I specified no spacers and rotation. I got assurances they had been test fit, and put my money down. I don't know much about wheels and tires, except bigger is better when it comes to horsepower. They may be a custom offset, but I wouldn't know. I won't know for another six weeks when the wheels get here.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Weird. It was Forgestar who gave me this info and I purchased through getyourwheels.com which is one of their direct vendors listed on the site. Mine are +40 offset, you may want to double check your order and vendor info.

That said, I've noticed that all the 20X10 squared setups people have posted are using a +40 offset so I'm hoping I'm pleasantly surprised and don't need the spacers anyway. I guess it comes down to the concavity of the wheel.

EDIT: Actually Forgestar did say I could go squared without spacers but warned it could rub during full rear end suspension travel and the rears would poke a bit. I said that wasnt an option so this is what we ended up with and it should be perfectly flush front and back.

Last edited:

Lagometer

Established Member
There are some wheel spacers that leave little to chance. They are cut for the car but cost more than a shim. Either way, the more money we throw at it, the greater chance of success. We do what we have to do when the stuff shows up and the experts already have our money.... sigh.

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
These studs are not really long enough for wheel spacers IMO.
I needed 5mm spacers to get the look I was after and had just 7 threads of engagement. Pulled them out.

Dadz500

Established Member
If a 20x10 with a +40 offset fits then so will a 19x10 with the same offset. In one of your replies you said they told you they could poke out or rub in a hard turn. They should never poke out if they have the proper offset, the rear doesn't move side to side and if you are running anything smaller then a 315/35 on a 10 inch wide rim you will have no problem with rubbing in the rear. I run a 20x11 with a 315/35 and have no rubbing issues running Nitto's but if you run Michelin PS2 SS they will rub but only barely brush the carpet stuff they put up in the wheel well and it causes no harm to anything. But since you are running a square setup I would assume you are running a 275/35 and as long as the offset is correct you will never have an issue with that size tire rubbing.

I think with the proper offset and some very mild rear wheel well trimming you could fit a 335 in the back without issue. With my rear wheels being 20x11 and sitting flush on the edge I still have more room on the inside of the wheel and tire to clear.

So assuming they are sending you the proper offset wheel you should be able to run square, without spacers and without rubbing of any kind.

Sorry for the babbling.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I now have the 19X10 +40's on now and they fit on all 4 corners without spacers, no issues. I have no idea why Forgestar thought it would be so close to the caliper because there is TONS of room.

Users who are viewing this thread