$5K over sticker

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I don’t believe the 132 pass was in Vegas... I read that was in FL in more favorable conditions.

Of course it’s superior to a base c8.

You won’t be able to find anyone on this forum calling it a shitbox or failure, period.

What you will find is plenty of comments about Fords absolutely piss poor roll out of the car, the shitty marketing, and the seeming lack of interest in a performance division at Ford.

Even @DBK said the car literally almost never happened at all. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

No you’re mistake, 132 was in Vegas, [email protected] was in Florida.

I’m done arguing simantics.

The car was almost a no go, and look how great the people at ford got treated by the “fans” over the last two years.

I bet a lot of them said “damn, looks like very few people have faith in us. Well let’s do it for the the few that stand with ford and will appreciate the car.”

Let it sink in that I think some purists at ford fought damn hard to get us all this car. It would have been dead if the passion and loyalty gave way to apathy and wallowing.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
@gimmie11s

@9:00 min in this vid

E0BEFD8F-8271-4694-A1D5-CC6187AEE6DD.png

^1.8x 60ft

If got these 60fts (1.7’s) and likely the lack of headwind from the 132 run, it could have been a 10.75 or quicker at 133 there in Vegas that day.
B63CDCEB-F8C5-4B57-A42A-12E7F06D7535.jpeg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
That’s right... I’m thinking of the 133. That was Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I was really impressed by the 10.989 pass because the mph was high, the 60ft was just decent, and the car did great nonetheless in high da without cooldowns etc.

It leads me to believe the best runs are yet to come.

I’d rather be a tenth slower but 2mph higher. The 10.8@130 passes are great too but the [email protected] is very promising.

His best 60ft was 1.777 which is very good for a Michelin pilot sport 4 tire. Just drag radials will get the cars in the 10.25 range

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The next few weeks will present the best weather for drag racing.

Hopefully they can get some hero runs in before the snow and ice takes over out East.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I really believe this car will be like my ‘04 Cobra, minimal mods and just enjoy what Ford delivered.
If they’re trapping 132-133 already, I can’t wait to see DRs, cat delete, 4-5# boost, E85.
Still wife date night capable and 140+ traps with ease.
Ford nailed it.
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I really believe this car will be like my ‘04 Cobra, minimal mods and just enjoy what Ford delivered.
If they’re trapping 132-133 already, I can’t wait to see DRs, cat delete, 4-5# boost, E85.
Still wife date night capable and 140+ traps with ease.
Ford nailed it.
-J

It’s bolt one away from hypercar territory.

Ditch most all of the interior and throw on racing slicks, put in a cage, harnesses (race prep it), bam, its likely a 7:0x nurb car or quicker. Insane at ~$100k setup that way.

More commonly, bolt ons, e85, and stickier tires like r888’s or mpc2’s maybe just maybe it’s a 9 second 140mph hot handler you can put in quiet mode and park at the nice restaurant in town with pride.

It takes the jekle/hide idea to hyper realm.

Most interestingly, it is effectively the mechanical and digital equivalent of a rwd v8 gtr r35 but actually fun to drive and much faster.

TFStang

Established Member
Not sure about plan pricing being available anytime soon, but I was able to get pretty hefty discount on my 14 when I bought it in September of 13. That was when everyone said it couldn’t be done, except it was done at a dealer in KY that not only gave me the discount, but allowed me to spec the allocation out exactly the way I wanted it. I’m sure by the 2nd year of production there will be some dealers flexing in price. First year.....good luck. People have been waiting and lining up for this car for quite a while.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Performing as expected... what does this mean? Are you happy or disappointed with the numbers?

It means it's 1/4 mi performance is as I expected given the powertrain. I (oddly, like most who will buy this car) will never ever be on a road course so that particular part of this car's excellence bears 0 relevance on me and I could care less.

I like the way it looks, I like the interior, I do not like the lack of choices in transmission.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Crazy fast car. I'm not getting rid of my SS anytime soon but had I not gone the Super Snake route I'd be tempted by this car. I think my next addition will be a more road course capable car. The GT350R has been tempting but I may go German.

This car is going to be a lot of fun for whoever buys it. That price and adding in the dealer extra makes it harder to swallow though.

OaktownACE

Established Member
Wow, reading through this thread, those prices are nuts. 130-250k? It's a nice car but there's a lot of hefty performance company in that range.

Users who are viewing this thread