$5K over sticker

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Who is **** money rich enough to pay $155k for a gt500 on this site? I’d like to introduce myself as your next Affordible quality technician and general contractor.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I called Sarasota Ford. Price on internet is wrong. They want 50000 over sticker

But hey...they have the price match guarantee...o_O

sara.JPG

jgroce1985

Established Member
True story...I priced out a golden ticket car at Green Ford in Greensboro NC. It was 163k out the door! Needless to say I walked! You can buy a 67 GT500 for that price and not lose your A$$ in the long run..

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’ll add some fuel to the fire. Here is my local dealer with a GT500 for $150k-ish.
View attachment 1605926 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re keeping it as the dealer to drawn people in to sell cars not necessarily gt500s. Give it a a month or two when it’s an aging unit... price will be pack to normal so their not Paying curtailment. They’re not the first nor the last dealer to do this... it’s all a marketing tatic. It seems to be working as people are talking about it’s outrageous price :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
True story...I priced out a golden ticket car at Green Ford in Greensboro NC. It was 163k out the door! Needless to say I walked! You can buy a 67 GT500 for that price and not lose your A$$ in the long run..
Well, not exactly accurate there. What was MSRP total BEFORE ADM?
-J

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@13COBRA was smart to pick up peoples allocations/dumps if he got any.

I bet a lot of people who cancelled an order feel stupid now

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly surprised you didnt keep one...allocation to sell and fund stroker for snake car

I had too many people wanting one to justify keeping one for myself.

I'll try to snag one next year.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Depends on what they cancelled for.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Car was sandbagged. It’s gone sub 1:22 at grattan, it’s being compared favorably to 911 gt2’s by magazines, and it’s gone 10.89@132 stock in Vegas a week after modded hellcats on drag radials went 10.95@130 there...

It’s faster by a bit than modded hellcats in a straight line, and handles/feels as good as a gt2 Porsche...

Drivers who’ve driven the c8 and it say it far superior.

2 weeks ago, it was “it’s a shitbox that ford gave up on bla bla hate hate” from quite a few people

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car was sandbagged. It’s gone sub 1:22 at grattan, it’s being compared favorably to 911 gt2’s by magazines, and it’s gone 10.89@132 stock in Vegas a week after modded hellcats on drag radials went 10.95@130 there...

It’s faster by a bit than modded hellcats in a straight line, and handles/feels as good as a gt2 Porsche...

Drivers who’ve driven the c8 and it say it far superior.

2 weeks ago, it was “it’s a shitbox that ford gave up on bla bla hate hate” from quite a few people

I don’t believe the 132 pass was in Vegas... I read that was in FL in more favorable conditions.

Of course it’s superior to a base c8.

You won’t be able to find anyone on this forum calling it a shitbox or failure, period.

What you will find is plenty of comments about Fords absolutely piss poor roll out of the car, the shitty marketing, and the seeming lack of interest in a performance division at Ford.

Even @DBK said the car literally almost never happened at all. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread