5k for parts and a 2011 CS... what would you do???

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
personally, i would look at some griggs racing suspension pieces, just a tune for the engine, maybe some wheels. i would build it for the twisties!

SkiZzors

Established Member
flash tune or take it to a shop? im in el paso, tx and im new here, i have no idea where to go

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Intake, Long tubes, and tune.

+1
If you've got 5 grand for mods, then you'll still have about 3 grand left over. Bank that and keep saving so by next year, you'll have enough for a Whipple.

Next up would be a set of forged rods and fuel system I would imagine.

Driver72

Established Member
Intake, exhaust, tune, suspension, wheels.
Not sure, but I sure hope the CS edition offers the Brembo brake package.
Kinda of slanted to make the car faster and handle better, but skipped on the better brakes to slow/stop it with.
If the CS doesn't come with the Brembo option, guess you better bypass either the wheels or exhaust and get upgraded brakes if you plan to use the additional power and handling you are going to put into the car on either the track or twisty roads.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Intake, exhaust, tune, suspension, wheels.
Not sure, but I sure hope the CS edition offers the Brembo brake package.
Kinda of slanted to make the car faster and handle better, but skipped on the better brakes to slow/stop it with.
If the CS doesn't come with the Brembo option, guess you better bypass either the wheels or exhaust and get upgraded brakes if you plan to use the additional power and handling you are going to put into the car on either the track or twisty roads.

Sorry, can't get the brembo package with the CS.

Driver72

Established Member
Most of the intakes will be similiar. You'll get an open element filter with larger piping and heat shield. So go with one that has a good reputation, is well built and looks good.

As for exhausts, it's mostly about sound.
If you want maximum power you look at "off road" exhausts which are catless and therefore illegal (and for the environmentalists also unfriendly and more destructive to mother earth and all those you share her with). I think a few are getting 15-20 hp from that.
If you want good sound but also increased power, look at high flow cat exhausts.
Will still pick up some power (probably 10-12 hp) but also have good sound and be more earth friendly.
For those who want to be as clean as stock but still get some power gains and better sound, just get a catback exhaust that leaves the stock cats in place. Might get 5-8 hp out of it but get the sound you want.
Lastly, if you don't give a rat's arse about increasing the power just want a more aggressive sound, get an axle back (basically mufflers). You MAY still get 1-3 hp out of it if the mufflers are freer flowing, but mainly it's just simply for more aggressive sound.

I personally have always like the sound of Borla's catback exhausts.
They usually pretty much keep a very similar sound to stock just a bit deeper/aggressive and a bit louder, but nothing overly drastic.
I hear the Borla exhaust of the 2011 will be ready by end of summer.
I'm hoping for 10 hp with no tuning (maybe 15 with tuning and more when combined with intake) as well as some weight reduction. Their prices are usually very good (see the prices for the 2010 Mustang GT for reference) and they've been around a long time and have a good rep. All things I like in a company.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I would look at what builders are using for their mustangs...

Livernois is using a full Stainless Works exhaust. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ernois-2011-mustang-update-12-07-116-mph.html

Evolution is using American Racing long tubes with magnoflow catback.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-gt-5-0l-automatic-runs-11s-street-tires.html

With the new 5.0 exhaust manifolds long tubes will not net the gain the normally do. However they are still netting 20-30 at the wheels but then again good retail headers are close to 1500 bucks.
One may just get some high flow cats a crossover pipe and catback from a quality company and go from there. The returns will not be as good but it will save some money.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Well if you have doubts about your income then putting the 5K away in a savings account would be a smart thing to do.

If you know your safe with your income then I would start with....

Long tube headers, 3" O/R X-pipe, mufflers of your choice and intake.

Bank the rest, add a little more and get a set of CNC'ed heads from Livernois when they are done with them and match them up with a new set of bump sticks when those are released as well.

After that get it dyno tuned.

Livernois feels that they can get 30-40rwhp more out of CNC'ed heads.

After all of that if your not happy with the power you can get a supercharger. :D

Then I suppose after that you can do some suspension stuff too lol

kingnut

Established Member
no better bang for your buck than forced induction. stock exhaust wont be a factor until you get over 600 whp. before that you would need internals.

Users who are viewing this thread