50....errr...Two Shades of Grey. An Encore Build Thread

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Guess posting a pic helps. Btw the block color sorta gives away my accent engine color to pair with the bronze. I’m using a Kona blue on the valve covers for more of a “Rich, classy” look instead of a bright eye popping color like I did on the last one.
IMG_7508.JPG

BYEPOLR

Established Member
The specs on the longblock are as follows:
07 3v aluminum block (Livernois proven to be even better than the Teksids) bored .020
Manley -11cc dished pistons
Manley h-beam rods with arp 2000 bolts
total seal file fit rings with a gap of .022
Every bolt in the engine is ARP except cam caps.
Lightly ported 04 DB 9 thread heads
Pac springs
Pac titanium retainers
Trick flow lash adjusters
03-04 cobra cams
MMR head cooling mod
Ford performance chain guides
Melling pump with billet gears
billet crank trigger wheel
Timing chain guides have the larger 9mm bolt/dowel
MMR passenger side secondary timing chain
Cloyes billet adjustable cam gears with arp bolts
Ford racing large aluminum pan with 2 -10 oil drains tig welded in for turbo(s)
Cg fab oil filter relocation adapter
IMG_7347.JPG
IMG_7358.JPG
IMG_7354.JPG
IMG_7352.JPG
IMG_7346.JPG
IMG_7356.JPG
IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_7357.JPG
IMG_7353.JPG
IMG_7348.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BYEPOLR

Established Member
With the efficiency of the turbo the aim will be a safe 8-900 rwhp that drives like stock. The motor will handle well over 1000 if the desire to turn it up is there. With 1250cc injectors and the Dominator pump, the fuel will be there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I’ll get the block on a stand today and hopefully start bolting up the MMR intake, bronze timing cover, ATI balancer etc. the gloss Kona valve covers won’t be ready until Friday so the plain Jane black set will have to do for now. The next time you see the longblock it will be ready to go in the car
IMG_7509.JPG
IMG_7349.JPG

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Maybe it’s nothing but the first pic you posted of the Cloyes 9 way cam gear looks almost like it has a crack through it at about the 10 o’clock position.
It runs from the edge of one of the key ways clear through to the outside of the gear.
Like I said hopefully it’s nothing!
Motor is looking real good. Love the color combo!

Ken

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Maybe it’s nothing but the first pic you posted of the Cloyes 9 way cam gear looks almost like it has a crack through it at about the 10 o’clock position.
It runs from the edge of one of the key ways clear through to the outside of the gear.
Like I said hopefully it’s nothing!
Motor is looking real good. Love the color combo!

Ken

Thanks for pointing that out. If for nothing else then to encourage me to double check. The timing set is new so I’d hope there were no cracks. Nevertheless I pulled valve covers and spun the crank 360 degrees. There’s nothing there. Everything looks perfect. Again, thank you though!
IMG_7525.JPG
IMG_7526.JPG

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Thanks for pointing that out. If for nothing else then to encourage me to double check. The timing set is new so I’d hope there were no cracks. Nevertheless I pulled valve covers and spun the crank 360 degrees. There’s nothing there. Everything looks perfect. Again, thank you though!View attachment 1588808View attachment 1588809

Good deal. Glad it was nothing!
Who makes the secondary tensioners that you’re using?
Thanks
Ken
Edit: Never mind on the tensioner. Just realized that is the Cobra Engineering passenger side tensioner. For some reason I thought I was looking at the driver side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread