5 Officers Charged With Murder in Memphis Police Killing

Zemedici

Established Member
Seems like a lot of nothing burgers until you start looking back and reading between the lines.

When the guy wrecked a car, was he really responding to a distress?

Failing to fill out forms - we as that intentional?

Found a pistol? (Stainless Revolver in another report). How do you miss that? What was going on there?

Again, in my work, if a dock hand fails to file an safety report after an incident - they are terminated.

I'd a buyer violates a policy and doesn't get something approved and places a PO - they are likely terminated.

If you wreck a company vehicle - you are terminated.

If you bring a weapon onsite - you are terminated.

Ahhhh so it’s another case of ‘we shoulda done something sooner’

Like when domestic abuse cases lead to murders

Or when FBI is actively investigating someone and they shoot up a school, etc etc

There will be shitbags in every field, it’s up to higher ups to sniff them out and can them.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Naivety is more like it. The probability of only good things ever happening is nil but wanting that outcome is something different.

Looking at things rationally though, one can ascertain who is a media lapper and who isn't and a sensible person does not think this (guy getting the tar knocked out of him) is a daily nor common occurrence.
Agreed. This only started because someone said this (police brutality) happens too often. I simply asked if there was any data on this because I have no idea how often it does really happen. I then got the response that one time is too many. I have had this same exchange with my MIL several times. Overall point is "wanting an outcome" does absolutely shit for solving a problem. This line of thinking is why my wife thinks I can be an a-hole.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ahhhh so it’s another case of ‘we shoulda done something sooner’

Like when domestic abuse cases lead to murders

Or when FBI is actively investigating someone and they shoot up a school, etc etc

There will be shitbags in every field, it’s up to higher ups to sniff them out and can them.

Going to have a period of difficulty with this I suspect.

Look how many fields have struggled to fill positions in the last couple years. Prob hired less than stellar candidates and then don’t want to be back to short handed.

Then add in the GOV/elected officials taking the equity and diverse workforce avenue. Makes it even more difficult or at least less likely they’ll shitcan these people.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Wouldn’t you have been pissed?? LOL.

I’m actually shocked they didn’t blast his ass.

You need to start a thread and share with the bros, what happened to you… This level of gen-Z blind resentment, is not healthy nor normal…

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
You need to start a thread and share with the bros, what happened to you… This level of gen-Z blind resentment, is not healthy nor normal…

You’re soooo interested in my life.

Ironic considering…

i-don't-think-about-you-at-all.png

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Funny how his father isnt in the photo op funeral...but Kamala harris is lol

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. This only started because someone said this (police brutality) happens too often. I simply asked if there was any data on this because I have no idea how often it does really happen. I then got the response that one time is too many. I have had this same exchange with my MIL several times. Overall point is "wanting an outcome" does absolutely shit for solving a problem. This line of thinking is why my wife thinks I can be an a-hole.
Allow me to add something based in part on the media and its portrayal of things. Anytime a cop goes hands on is an automatic brutality case in the eyes of the left and that is patently false. Sometimes the criminals deserve a swift kick in the ass.

Nowadays it is difficult to get away with much because there is a camera everywhere. In this case, there were at least four (footage released by the city) but those hood rats didn't care.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Extreme naivete imo. Based on emotional propaganda that determines (for many) the hierarchy of important issues. Goes back to my original desire for some data regarding issues vs. interactions, so I can make a decision on where to stack this one in the list rather than just going by what is promoted in media. Is one carjacking too many? Is one rape too many? Is one child abuse too many?... Probably makes sense to start with the most frequent based on the data. Maybe I am living in cuckoo land. My wife says I am not empathetic enough and think too critically.
These are not all inclusive, but it does provide an idea about police interactions with the public.

I'm sure someone else can find other sources and statistics with a bit of searching.

The cases that make the news, while reprehensible, are extremely insignificant, statistically speaking.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
These are not all inclusive, but it does provide an idea about police interactions with the public.

I'm sure someone else can find other sources and statistics with a bit of searching.

The cases that make the news, while reprehensible, are extremely insignificant, statistically speaking.

They are only “extremely insignificant” if it isn’t you that the police are beating.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
They are only “extremely insignificant” if it isn’t you that the police are beating.
Well I mean Covid was extremely insignificant for people of my age unless you were a rare one that died from it.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
It's amazing that any of us leave our homes every day and live our lives, considering the statistical death all around us.

Even if you never leave your home, there's statistical data showing that you can still die.

Of all the ways that I could be killed in my daily life, dying at the hands of a racist and murderous cop has never crossed my mind.

What I can't seem to find, and it's interesting, is what percentage of deaths caused by police is legal/justified vs illegal/unjustified.

Users who are viewing this thread