5 Officers Charged With Murder in Memphis Police Killing

Zemedici

Established Member
The side of the road is not the place to hold court for sure and arguing with the officer is not likely going to be a good outcome for you. What really needs to change is the law that allows the officer to to beat the crap out of you or shoot your ass because he thinks it’s justified. Certainly there are cases where it is justified but in this particular case this guy should not have been beaten to death

100%, and the cops are being charged from what i understand

So I’m guess I’m just dense as hell, what’s the issue?

‘It shouldn’t have happened’

Yes correct, but things that happen every day ‘shouldn’t happen’ nahmean?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

True that. Maybe cops thought they were justified. I think the “law” is going to say they weren’t. Bad shit happens…

Bullitt1448

Established Member

The officers in this case are being charged. There are too many times things happen out there where there are no cameras around to document what happened and Mr officer walks free. Policing is a tough job, if you don't want to do the job properly and can't control your temper, you should find another line of work. I tip my hat to those members that put their life on the line every day and do the job with dedication to duty and get little respect for it. If the scenes of police brutality were not so common place perhaps there would be more respect for police. it's the minority that paints them all with the same brush.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The officers in this case are being charged. There are too many times things happen out there where there are no cameras around to document what happened and Mr officer walks free. Policing is a tough job, if you don't want to do the job properly and can't control your temper, you should find another line of work. I tip my hat to those members that put their life on the line every day and do the job with dedication to duty and get little respect for it. If the scenes of police brutality were not so common place perhaps there would be more respect for police. it's the minority that paints them all with the same brush.
Anything to back up too many times. Honestly curious what the complaint number per overall interaction may be. Obviously many shitheads complain just because they were caught. I am just curious if this statement is similar to the other bullshit people through around that is not backed by the actual data.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Beyond not considering the obvious changes to the victims face, etc, how do you not consider that your actions are being watched or recorded? Shouldn't the five have had any awareness at al****ing idiots. Whoever hired them should be charged as well for being an utter moron. Love to see the qualifications they had that made them law enforcement candidates.
Hood rats. Those five acted like animals and I believe they thought no one would care because it was black cops on a black victim. Anyone can beat someone up when he is incapacitated or handcuffed.

When someone is in a group in which the microscope is fixated on them, you need to mind yourself and not bring the shame people are sure to find. The woman chief who was brought in to straighten things out should be canned but in government, the higher up's rarely take any accountability. She has a black eye as a result of what happened regardless if it was just an assault or, in this case, an assault leading to death.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Anything to back up too many times. Honestly curious what the complaint number per overall interaction may be. Obviously many shitheads complain just because they were caught. I am just curious if this statement is similar to the other bullshit people through around that is not backed by the actual data.
I don’t have hard data but I know that it is in the media too often. Truth is, any use of excessive force by police is unacceptable.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
At least two of the cops involved were hired after the standards had been relaxed in 2020, and I think it was Memphis PD that was considering lowering the standards again to bump up numbers to consider candidates that even had a felony conviction. This is the result of lowering standards. It's essentially the same result of the idea of neighborhoods policing themselves.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
It is going to get worse and it is the fault of the victim mentality and FTP gang. Hopefully they get wiped out in mass.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I’m sure there’s more to this story as well…

Looked like it fell within regulations lol. Muzzle thumping someone in the face after clicking their face into the floor? You muzzle thump people clearing rooms, not during arrests when they're already on the ground giving up. I suspect this guy will get a settlement and those cops will be history.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m sure there’s more to this story as well…

I watched that one somewhere on YouTube. Not sure where. Cops were in there patrol car leaving a connivence store and the dude starting shooting at them. The guy then ran back in the store. That clip just shows the last part when they actually get him on the ground.

However, i get that the adrenaline was definitely pumping, and this dude took multiple shots at them for literally no reason, but you can’t be doing that shit.

Ill try and find the whole video.

Edit: news story with video

I watched it uncut but this pretty much explains what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I watched that one somewhere on YouTube. Not sure where. Cops were in there patrol car leaving a connivence store and the dude starting shooting at them. The guy then ran back in the store. That clip just shows the last part when they actually get him on the ground.

However, i get that the adrenaline was definitely pumping, and this dude took multiple shots at them for literally no reason, but you can’t be doing that shit.

I'd probably want to do the same thing but after that why give the guy a means to file for excessive force or brutality?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

LOL this is great LMAO.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd probably want to do the same thing but after that why give the guy a means to file for excessive force or brutality?

Hey I completely understand. Like i said, i get the adrenaline is going but by doing that you probably lost your job and the lawsuits are flying.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Hey I completely understand. Like i said, i get the adrenaline is going but by doing that you probably lost your job and the lawsuits are flying.

Just showed it to my cop friends and one of them is familiar and said the cops involved have yet to be charged. I agree though, it's instances like that especially where you have to maintain composure.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t have hard data but I know that it is in the media too often. Truth is, any use of excessive force by police is unacceptable.
Do you realize over 30% of Americans thought that 30 million Americans had died of Covid in the US. It was in the media a bunch too. Yes any force is unacceptable. You could say that about most things, but I suggest getting some data before declaring a crisis to put things in perspective.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Watertown NY. 15 plus years ago. My son stationed at Fort Drum after serving two tours in the sand box was jogging late at night past a group of officers that just came out of a Dennys or Similar and they took off after my son. They caught him scared his face up he still has today. Turns out they mistaken him for some perp and let him go. He couldn't do shit because he was still enlisted, and told to let it go.

First thing I said when he called after his beat down was why did you run. He said Dad I was already running.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Every interaction I have had with the Police in my life has been positive/no drama. But then again, I am a white male and I do things like say "Yes Sir, and No Sir" and I don't argue when they want me to do something. Common sense stuff like that.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Do you realize over 30% of Americans thought that 30 million Americans had died of Covid in the US. It was in the media a bunch too. Yes any force is unacceptable. You could say that about most things, but I suggest getting some data before declaring a crisis to put things in perspective.
I don’t recall declaring a crisis but I do recall saying any use of excessive force is unacceptable and I stand by that statement. An officer is justified to use the force necessary to control any given situation. He is not justified in beating someone senseless just because he is pissed off at them. I understand the adrenaline rush thing but if you’re going to be a LEO, you need to be able to control yourself. I don’t care what the data says. I will leave it to you to look up the data if you choose. This is a case of if there are any instances, there are too many.

Users who are viewing this thread