5 NC Tornado Pics and simple request

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I feel weird about posting these, but here are a couple pics from last Saturday's tornado that hit Micro, NC. Many of you will pass through this on I-95 South on your summer travels. These are five simple photos of peoples homes. These folks lives have been turned upside down. It is heartbreaking to drive and watch. Two of the homes in the photos are those of my 14 year old daughters classmates. Thank goodness nobody was killed here, only injuries.

Help has been there (in the form of cleanup, shelter, food, and clothes) from the beginning. We've seen some Red Cross, but the bulk of the help is from the NC Baptist Mens Disaster Relief group. I've signed on as a temporary helper and been going when work/time allows. You can help immediately if you feel the burden to help out. Go to this site (Baptist Men and Women on Mission - Baptist Men). Check it out. If nothing else, send them a note of thanks for giving up their time, vacation leave, etc, to help out people in need. Or, if you live close, throw on some work clothes, grab work gloves, contact the NC Baptist Men and find out where your help is needed.

This is only a small sample of damage from one isolated area that this single tornado (traveled 40+ miles) did. And NC had 25 individual tornadoes, some doing much, much worse. There have been a confirmed 24 fatalities alone in NC. I'm thankful it missed us by 1/8 mile.

IMAG0268b.jpg

IMAG0267b.jpg

IMAG0266b.jpg

IMAG0264b.jpg

Lastly, a friend of mine's business. Two large garage buildings. His livelyhood. He used to work on my 85 GT a bit years ago.
IMAG0292b.jpg

Last edited:

Blackness03

Established Member
it passed 4 miles from me. co-workers in holly springs got hit bad. you seen the lowes in sanford? its just amazing the customers and employees all lived through that. its pretty much flat

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We've had so many weather related tragedies over the past few months. With a lot of lost lives. This one is sad. I wish I was closer because I'd gladly put my work gloves on and dive in to help. Sad to see all of that damage. Tornadoes are horrible.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Man that is very sad. Good for you man to help the people that need it keep it up and spread the word.

Users who are viewing this thread