5" group, 1,000 yards, and 84 years old

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As a veteran myself, that was both amazing and a tear jerker. Ted was really touched by everything that happened. Men like him are true heroes, and fine examples to follow. Very touching video.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Those WWII Vets were very successful with technology no where near as good today...great deal of respect for yesterday's military as well as today's.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Those WWII Vets were very successful with technology no where near as good today...great deal of respect for yesterday's military as well as today's.

Don't forget Hathcock held the longest confirmed kill @2500 yds for 30+ years with an M-2 machine gun lol. He and others like him (Zheitsev...etc) were just incredible marksmen.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Don't forget Hathcock held the longest confirmed kill @2500 yds for 30+ years with an M-2 machine gun lol. He and others like him (Zheitsev...etc) were just incredible marksmen.
Its incredible, isn't it? Can you imagine what the records would be like if they had today's weapons and that kinda skill?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Its incredible, isn't it? Can you imagine what the records would be like if they had today's weapons and that kinda skill?

I'm not going to take anything away from today's record holders, especially since Hathcock was firing a 50BMG albeit with much lesser optics, but Afghanistan (and Iraq to a slightly lesser degree) is a sniper's paradise and he certainly would have pushed today's tech to its absolute limits.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
X1000

Maybe today's generation (i.e. Richard Sherman) could learn a thing or two about humility from this fine human being. God bless him.

How about comparing a WWII vet to a OEF/OIF vet instead of an athlete? lol

Users who are viewing this thread