$5 Chance To Win A Foxbody Mustang For Charity

1992vert

Established Member
The members of Southeastern Foxbodies are building and raffling off a Foxbody Mustang to benefit JDRF, Victory Junction Gang Camp and Savannah's Drive.

Project "Save A Fox" was born...

What started off as a donated 1989 4cyl Hatch with plans for a V8 swap and build-up using member donated parts has turned into a complete rotisserie restoration with help from outside sponsors very well known in the Mustang community.

The members voted on all major aspects of the build with democracy winning big as the finished project will certainly capture the essence of the Foxbody experience(minus the leaky rear main seal! lol)

What comes to your mind when thinking about the classic Fox look, feel and sound? A naturally aspirated 351ci engine with some go fast bolt-ons? Maybe a cowl hood and a set of 17" chrome Pony Rs? Perhaps a 5spd manual with an H-pipe and flows? All that and more will be on this car!

The project kicked off last summer for completion by Mustang Week '13 where the winner will be drawn at the Saturday Cruise-In.

Chances to win are $5 for one or $20 for five and can be purchased at www.SAVE-A-FOX.com with a maximum of 5,000 chances to be sold. This is where we need your help SVTP...if all 5,000 chances are sold and expenses kept to a minimum we could raise upwards of $20k for charity!!

You do not need to be present to win!!

Learn more at www.sefb.net and of course don't forget to visit www.SAVE-A-FOX.com to buy tickets!!

The SEFB members, Charities and Sponsors greatly appreciate your support with this very cool project!

Photo album thread:

"Save A Fox" Photo Album

The rendering!!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/1992vert/SEFBs Save A Fox/SEFB_Fox10x8a.jpg

Thanks SVTP!!

1992vert

Established Member
UPDATE:

We've had overwhelming support from not just the members of Southeastern Foxbodies and its vendors, but also the aftermarket companies that continue coming on board to make this one ridiculously nice '89 Hatch!

We've had 7 full days of reconstruction since getting the car back from Toyota West Collision Center in Stateville, NC where the Scot Rod panels where welded and smoothed in. The engine bay and jams received final paint and clear using Ford Deep Impact Blue. The rest of the car is in tinted primer.

Fox Mustang Restoration in Locust, NC is our primary build site and we can't them enough for the use of their facility, expertise and warehouse full of restoration parts!!

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking...

Rendering:

SEFB_Fox10x8b.jpg

Donor Car:

007_zps63d416cf.jpg

Stripped:

008.jpg

After Round 1 of 2 at Toyota West Collision Center:

007-1_zps1e1102e5.jpg

Engine Bay:

008-1_zps9a14c51d.jpg

358ci Windsor built by Kannapolis Engine Service:

024_zps5233dde3.jpg

Rear end rebuilt with donated performance parts from Late Model Restoration Supply:

018_zps189eee99.jpg

032_zpse131f870.jpg

040_zps5200bf45.jpg

049_zps82ca7f55.jpg

Dynamat, Carpet and Floormats donated by CJ Pony Parts:

054_zps45d04ea8.jpg

076_zpse32a7030.jpg

082_zps634941b3.jpg

Keep up with all the progress in the Save A Fox section of www.sefb.net and purchase chances to win this hot Fox at www.save-a-fox.com!!!

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
That is looking sweet..:eek: And it is a great cause.. I have been wanting a fox ever since I sold mine back in 86.. I'll put my $$ for a chance to win that sweet.. What makes it even better is the history behind the build... Top Notch build guys if I win that will be her name..:beer:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
UPDATE:

We've had overwhelming support from not just the members of Southeastern Foxbodies and its vendors, but also the aftermarket companies that continue coming on board to make this one ridiculously nice '89 Hatch!

We've had 7 full days of reconstruction since getting the car back from Toyota West Collision Center in Stateville, NC where the Scot Rod panels where welded and smoothed in. The engine bay and jams received final paint and clear using Ford Deep Impact Blue. The rest of the car is in tinted primer.

Fox Mustang Restoration in Locust, NC is our primary build site and we can't them enough for the use of their facility, expertise and warehouse full of restoration parts!!

I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking...

Rendering:

SEFB_Fox10x8b.jpg

Donor Car:

007_zps63d416cf.jpg

Stripped:

008.jpg

After Round 1 of 2 at Toyota West Collision Center:

007-1_zps1e1102e5.jpg

Engine Bay:

008-1_zps9a14c51d.jpg

358ci Windsor built by Kannapolis Engine Service:

024_zps5233dde3.jpg

Rear end rebuilt with donated performance parts from Late Model Restoration Supply:

018_zps189eee99.jpg

032_zpse131f870.jpg

040_zps5200bf45.jpg

049_zps82ca7f55.jpg

Dynamat, Carpet and Floormats donated by CJ Pony Parts:

054_zps45d04ea8.jpg

076_zpse32a7030.jpg

082_zps634941b3.jpg

Keep up with all the progress in the Save A Fox section of www.sefb.net and purchase chances to win this hot Fox at www.save-a-fox.com!!!

can you buy tickets at mustangweek.

1992vert

Established Member
Update:

Dynomat and Carpet is down. All new glass is in. Dash is in. Exhaust welded up. Stiffler's Subframe Connectors and FIT System is welded in. The car is back at the body shop finishing up paint which we pick up this weekend and move on to final assembly!!

061_zps2db3939d.jpg

FD400DDB-7C3A-4BA7-8D83-2C2F95C3BAED-13482-0000089BAA3075AF_zps9c4f62d4.jpg

988C914C-485A-45B1-9FAE-BA67AC23FCCA-13482-0000089B9E880D22_zps7a2c0850.jpg

001-1_zpsbe3be7a6.jpg

003-1_zps7d4eb87f.jpg

002-1_zps59f93398.jpg

1992vert

Established Member
I ordered mine over the holiday weekend. That might be the hold up. Thanks.

You will get an email with your ticket numbers. This is a manual process by one fellow so apologies for the delay, but I'll shoot him a reminder to get caught up when he has a moment.

FYI, folks who purchase tickets online receive an email with assigned ticket numbers and a database is kept with all of the assignments. The actual ticket stubs will get dropped into the tumbler along with all ticket stubs sold...both online and in person. When the winner is drawn and the stub is blank(meaning not filled out with the purchasers info) that tells us it was from an online sale. We take the ticket number from the drawn stub and reference our database to determine the winner! If not present, we will contact you based on the info you provided upon purchase.

I hope that makes sense?

1992vert

Established Member
Snaps from last week at the body shop(Toyota West Collision Center in Statesville, NC) getting the fenders and Cervini's 3inch cowl hood fitted before final prep and paint begins. This was the first time we've seen the car will all the body panels hung...very cool!

**Notice one of our project banners hanging in the background with the rendering/logo on it...the car is really becoming the original vision!

dcwuwl_zpsdd2a9de0.jpg

r7q6hw_zps6950f4c9.jpg

1992vert

Established Member
can you buy tickets at mustangweek.

Yes, we are holding back 500-1,000 tickets to sell during the Speedway event on Wed and at the Mall on Fri and Sat.

I will warn you, with a max of 5,000 ticket to sell, the completed car there in person looking unbelievable and our goal to sell every last ticket for charity...they will likely go very fast!

With that I would not wait until Mustang Week to purchase, but if you must then catch us at the Speedway on Wednesday!

1992vert

Established Member
UPDATE: Save A Fox is out of the body shop as of last night and engine bay wire tuck being performed now.

Video just about leaving the paint booth a couple of days ago!!

(shop language warning...lol)

Body work and paint donated by Toyota West Collision Center in Statesville, NC

IMG_0559_zps56cec402.mp4 Video by bwatts21 | Photobucket

Reminder that we're selling a maximum of 5,000 tickets so chances of winning are very good!

Get your chance(s) at www.save-a-fox.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread