5.4L w/88mm Turbo Project I found on eBay - What do you guys think?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Came across this today since I'm ready to get back into the seat of Mustang. Sold my last Cobra to buy a rental property and start a family - two kids later and I need some time in the garage and the open road soon!!!

Anyways, here's the car in question:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ford-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

There's a lot of stuff included and listed, but not necessarily a good break out of what isn't there and I think that's what has me the most apprehensive. From my research, it appears more or less the 5.4l should swap pretty easily but I'm not too convinced that it's really just a radiator and fuel injectors primarily to get this thing fired up.

I found a donor car nearby for a couple thousand dollars I suppose I could use for misc pieces. Ideally, I'd like to get the interior back to stock (radio, speakers, Cobra seats, and back seats for the kiddos) and it appears like if I were to buy these components separately (the body, the 5.4L, 88mm turbo kit, and transmission separately) I'd already be well ahead to just buy this.

Just wanted to get your guys thoughts...good deal or not and if even beyond what all is included if I'm looking to get myself into a nightmare in terms of it really nickle and diming me just to get it running. Financially, I don't have a problem with it sitting in the garage and throwing a couple thousand dollars at it once in awhile slowly working toward getting it started and I'd do as much as I could in the shop with the help of some friends, but am not opposed to paying to have some aspects fabricated or finished up if I get in over my head, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at another $5000 in parts to get this back on the road or $10,000...or more?!

MG0h3

Established Member
I wouldn't unless it was a friend and I knew exactly what the situation was. Too many unknowns and you could end up right where this guy is in a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread