5.4 turbo guys

freiday13

Established Member
hey guys. im doing a 5.4 trubo set up in my tremi. was wanting to see if any one has pic and set up and hp on there cars kinda wanna see what you guys are running. thanks

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Single or twins?
If twins - under hood or under front bumper?

The kits out there both custom and aftermarket for the 4.6 and 5.4 are almost identical except for a few pipes here and there.

It all depends on what you want and how much power you want to make.
The 4.6 platform with twins can make 1,000rwhp with the proper internal work done to the engine.
A comparable 5.4 engine can make a few hundred more rwhp at similar boost levels.

My personal car is a 5.4 with twin turbos mounted underhood.
It was cutting edge back in late 2008/early 2009 when I started building it, but now a days it is run-of-the mill. LOL!

Here's a couple of pics as you requested -

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Whats the reason some of you guys go to a 5.4 over the 4.6? I know why some engine builders dont like them but I would like to get some of the +s for these builds.

Seems like I go against the grain a bit. I like the 4.6 single turbo builds. lol

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
Whats the reason some of you guys go to a 5.4 over the 4.6?

The 5.4 should have more area under the curve. It should also generate more torque everywhere along the curve. And in theory, the bigger engine should help spool the turbo(s) quicker.

coposrv

Established Member
The 5.4 just has a larger stroke. If I had endless funds I would increase the bore not only the stroke. 4.6 will rev and make power the 5.4 just makes power a little earlier and will spool the turbos sooner.

freiday13

Established Member
sorry guys didnt realize people commented on this post but. i got a 5.4 with the ford gt heads (stage 3 port and polish and stage 3 cams) everything is built for 1500+. i will be running a 106 percision turbo for right now cuz thats what i have until i can get my 91 bb when i have more money. i mainly wanted some ideas were to mount the turbo because i like forward facing but it makes it hard to have cuz not many places to put radiator. its not a daily driver just once a weekend i cruz around my small ass town

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Whats the reason some of you guys go to a 5.4 over the 4.6? I know why some engine builders dont like them but I would like to get some of the +s for these builds.

Seems like I go against the grain a bit. I like the 4.6 single turbo builds. lol

I'm close with the 5.3. I wanted the extra displacement so I could build more power with less boost. When I had the centri on the motor my torque curve was almost as flat as a twin screw. And I was barely spinning the blower. I want to do a single turbo someday. But I'm waiting until I can afford a custom kit so I know it's done right.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread