5.4 swap in 05 s197

2005v6Build

I know this has been done but can't find thread explaining the swap can't someone help me. I found 2 5.4's at my local pull a parts, one a 4v and the other 3v. I wanna know how I go about swaping my v6 step by step or at least close

Sent from my LG-K550 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Imatk

Established Member
There's a thread on the GT500 forum I believe.

I did this on my '06 GT.

If you have a 2005 here's what I remember from my build that you will need.

All these should be from the same year GT500 if not you might have issues. I'd go with a 2007 since it's closer to your year model.

ABS module
Body Harness
Engine Harness
Smart Junction Box
Gauge Cluster
Seat sensors (if you don't want an airbag light) I would recommend just getting the seats. * get rears if you want them to match
Fuel pump modules (the GT500 has two, yours has one I believe)
Computer (PCM)
Transmission TR6060
Clutch
Shifter
Driveshaft
Left and Right Door harnesses

I believe that's all.

Mechanically it's not a difficult swap... but the electrical crap makes it more annoying.

BUT if you have all of those parts you'll be off to a much better start than I was.

Good luck man... I'd still have mine if I hadn't wrecked it.

mmecca1

There's a thread on the GT500 forum I believe.

I did this on my '06 GT.

If you have a 2005 here's what I remember from my build that you will need.

All these should be from the same year GT500 if not you might have issues. I'd go with a 2007 since it's closer to your year model.

ABS module
Body Harness
Engine Harness
Smart Junction Box
Gauge Cluster
Seat sensors (if you don't want an airbag light) I would recommend just getting the seats. * get rears if you want them to match
Fuel pump modules (the GT500 has two, yours has one I believe)
Computer (PCM)
Transmission TR6060
Clutch
Shifter
Driveshaft
Left and Right Door harnesses

I believe that's all.

Mechanically it's not a difficult swap... but the electrical crap makes it more annoying.

BUT if you have all of those parts you'll be off to a much better start than I was.

Good luck man... I'd still have mine if I hadn't wrecked it.
I have an 06 GT as well. I’m looking to swap out my blown 4.6 with a 5.4. From what I’ve read, all you need to do is tune for the engine and use intake manifold adapter plates. Is this correct? If not what did you do to make it run correctly in your mustang?

Users who are viewing this thread