5.4 Info Needed, Building New Setup

5.0 Mustang Man

Established Member
Im changing my setup on my street car from a stock longblock 03 motor with a single 78 to a GT headed 5.4 with twin 70's. It will run on e98. I need some info on 5.4's. Im looking for parts right now to build my motor. Are all the Navigator 5.4 blocks created equal or is there a certain one to get? I know poeple talk about NVH and WAP blocks, whats the difference. I need it to be able to handle up to 1200 rwhp. And all Navigators have 8 bolt forged cranks correct? Those are my main two questions. I know what rods and pistons Im going with already. As far as ac and power steering, will my stock 03 cobra stuff work on the 5.4 block? Any more useful info would be greatly appreciated. Im going out on a limb with this setup and going to try to run a blow through carb setup. Custom made intake and Ill use a distributor drive. Going to keep the factory ECU to make all the gauges and everything still work. Give me some opinions and ideas guys. Oh, the car has a th400 and solid axle already.

shhak

Established Member
Sounds like a setup pretty similar to mine. I'm doing a destroked 5.4 with FGT heads, custom cams, custom sheet metal intake and twin 76's. I'm not sure what blocks are best but yours should be a killer setup.

Users who are viewing this thread