5.4 4v navigator shortblock question

PilledV8s

Established Member
How much rwhp could a DOHC 4V Navigator bottomend hold?
What's the Max RPMs you could spin it, considering if I was using stock 04 Cobra heads/Ford GT cams and a Mach 1 upper and Lower intake manifold setup?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Navigator block is taller like a 351w is to a 302. So at least some custom intake or spacers or something for the intake to fit.
As far as power there's a guy running a navigator complete motor in a 93 cobra w twin turbos w 25+# of boost. He's got pistons and rods though.

PilledV8s

Established Member
Navigator block is taller like a 351w is to a 302. So at least some custom intake or spacers or something for the intake to fit.
As far as power there's a guy running a navigator complete motor in a 93 cobra w twin turbos w 25+# of boost. He's got pistons and rods though.

Useless information to me.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Well as said before the 5.4 has a taller deck height than the 4.6 block so that creates quite a few problems. The heads will be higher in the engine bay and as said before this will make it impossible for any 4.6 intake manifold to work. Luckily for those interested KarKraft do make a product that will resolve this issue.

54%20flanges1.jpg

5.4 4valve Billet Aluminum Adaptors to install 4.6 4valve Intake Systems!
That's Right!!! You can now install your 1999-2004 4.6 Cobra, Aviator or Marauder EFI Intake System on a 5.4 4valve Navigator Long Block! Made from 6065 T6 billet aluminum. includes new hardware $369.95
http://www.karkraft.com/new_page_9.htm

Having to use these adapter flanges on an engine thats already wider and taller means that the intake manifold is going to be much higher than it was with the 4.6, no way the stock hood will work.

One thing I'm still unsure is the differences in the exhaust flange style and location for the 5.4 vs. the 4.6. I remember it being said that it is different so something custom may have to be done here?

Anyways to answer your original question "How much rwhp could a DOHC 4V Navigator bottomend hold?"

Not as much as the stock terminator bottom end. The bottom end in the terminator is all forged and is very strong. It makes no sense to put a bone stock navigator bottom end into a terminator because I can't see it being good for as much as what was there originally.

You should really go into detail about what your plans are as that will help us help you.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
A ported 01' Cobra would be a better choice. Gonna want a large/ported TB as well.

Looking at his sig it looks like he will be using a Procharger for the application. If you're looking for 660-700 rwhp I don't really know why you're bothering with a 5.4 in the first place at all, won't be hard to do with a 4.6.

Users who are viewing this thread