5.0l vs. 6.2l

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonknight

I have an 03 super duty 4x4 and was going to look into this swap. I can fab but not much experience with wiring. I noticed you have a custom sheet metal intake, used the 4.6 sensors with new harness, and reprogrammed the PCM for the increased engine size. Does this mean you just plugged up your old sensors and were ready to run with new programming or was there still a good bit of rewiring to do?

im American steel's friend and apprentice,
the stock ECU plugged into the factory crown vic's harness and the water temp sensor was left un used because the 6.2l does not use ECT. the ECU was tuned for the displacement and fuel trimming the motor required its not a hard swap especially in a truck with so much room lay the factory harness on top of the engine you can use every thing. no need to re wire anything.

dragonknight

know of any new edge 6.2 swaps out there I have though about trying this in my 99 Cobra but just never really looked much into it.

its so simple and I haven't seen any car 90s mustang with a 6.2l in it. you can do it for less than 5k even with a fabbed intake and cams of course your transmission will have to be built to handle the extra torque and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread