5.0 vs challenger 392

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Does it look like the white one that ran 12.44 had DR's? At the end you can see a crap load of rubber stuck to the plastic behind the car. I haven't ever got that much on my car from my factory tires but sticky tires I have seen plenty back there.

Just checkin. He did get a very good holeshot with no spin.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Does it look like the white one that ran 12.44 had DR's? At the end you can see a crap load of rubber stuck to the plastic behind the car. I haven't ever got that much on my car from my factory tires but sticky tires I have seen plenty back there.

Just checkin. He did get a very good holeshot with no spin.

At ~2:50 you can pretty clearly see the tire tread.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Haven't really read the entire thread but I raced an srt8 challenger on the interstate saturday and drug him..it wasn't even fair. A side note it did sound like an auto but still it was a pig.

not trying to say it didnt happen but it sounded like you raced a 6.1L challenger.
kinda hard for a 12sec car to drag another 12sec car.... ;-)

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yep. Mine is performance white on RTR wheels. I might be taking it to siknic this weekend if you want to come out.

I'm not 100% sure. I didn't know the guy but it was a srt-8 and looked like a new one.

Nah hadn't come across u yet. Seen a few others though and 2-3 of the guys r on this forum. It's less than 10 in the baton rouge area. What is siknic and where is it being held? PM me with the info man I'm pretty free this weekend that I know of

Deuuuce

Established Member
That race was before the jlt and tune so my car only had a catback at the time of the race. And yes the brembo package can be had with any gear configuration. I really wanted 3.73s but couldn't find the car I wanted with them around me so I decided I'd add them later.

If it was an auto 6.1, he was doing everything wrong to lose that badly.

Just rode in a blue w/ white stripes 392 last night (will post pics when I get them edited... they are like 20mb each right now) feels WAY different than the 6.1L srt8, impressed with the car though to be honest... 4200lbs, M6.. comfortable, smooth ride and moved out for being so big. Say what you want but these cars are not given enough credit.

I drove the M6 around Laguna and of course it felt big but I felt it fell a little flat after shifting to 4th. Probably one of the reason the 5As are quicker.

Are you sure it was a 6.4 and not a 6.1?

If it was a 6.4 he wasn't trying in the least.

Yep. Mine is performance white on RTR wheels. I might be taking it to siknic this weekend if you want to come out.

I'm not 100% sure. I didn't know the guy but it was a srt-8 and looked like a new one.

Well I already stated that it was a SRT-8...

A badge that says SRT-8

Need a 392 badge to be a 6.4.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Thought if it was the white and blue package it says 392 on the side. All the other srt8s should just say that I'm thinking. U wouldn't really know of it's the 6.4 unless u asked the person driving but some challengers have it on the hood on the aide of the scoop. Guy at my gym has an r/t and i think it's says 5.7L R/T on both sides of the hood scoop.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
ive only seen about 4 new srt8 challengers and all of them had the 392 badging on the side.
someone correct me if im wrong.

Only badging I noticed was the srt-8 badge on the back so I went after him

Nah hadn't come across u yet. Seen a few others though and 2-3 of the guys r on this forum. It's less than 10 in the baton rouge area. What is siknic and where is it being held? PM me with the info man I'm pretty free this weekend that I know of

Siknic is a car show in gonzales at the lamar-dixon place. Its a really good show to go to so you should come on out.

If it was an auto 6.1, he was doing everything wrong to lose that badly.

If it was a 6.4 he wasn't trying in the least.

Need a 392 badge to be a 6.4.

Its an auto you mash the peddle and go. Especially from a roll...the thing was a pig. I heard it downshift hard so I know he was all in it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I drove the M6 around Laguna and of course it felt big but I felt it fell a little flat after shifting to 4th. Probably one of the reason the 5As are quicker.

My buddy who was driving (it belongs to his dad who is up from texas) stated it felt like the computer was limiting it severely. He has a Charger SRT8 with tune/intake that felt a LOT stronger (driven and ridden in that numerous times and it does). He also said that on stock tune his SRT8 felt like it was holding back between shifts and on launch as well.. .some form of torque management we were thinking.

Do you know if the powerband is flatter than the 6.1L? I can't help but think it was just like the lt1 vs ls1 'feeling'.

Kubin-B

Established Member
im down here in houston i got a buddy that just bought a new red ss another buddy that has the charger with intake only not sure of the kind or anything and another buddy that is a sales manager for ford we took all 3 out to a nice strip they had just recently redid with the smooth sticky black top and the 5.0 pulled two cars on the charger and half a car on the ss we did ten runs while changing drivers each time this was a good average the whole way through, even though i got the ss to beat the mustang once, we didnt have a camera at the time but can do this again so i will get videos together for everyone to see.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
^^^This is exactly the same scenario I've witnessed as well.

Everyone witnesses different things. Before I had an SRT8 I NEVER seen one run under a high 13 some people just dont know what their doing. Same thing with the LS2 GTOs and 03 Cobras.

5.0: Intake, Catback, Dyno Tune, Headers, 3.73's and DR's
SRT8: Intake, Exhaust, Tune

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebw4YPxgO7o"]Charger SRT8 vs 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 - YouTube[/nomedia]

GT500: Stock
SRT8: Intake, Exhaust, Tune

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqacI4KhJY"]Charger SRT8 vs GT500 (Irwindale Dragstrip) - YouTube[/nomedia]

Everyone thinks because their autos you just press the gas and go but its not that easy. Auto Stick and ESP off makes the car run alot better. Leaving it in auto during a roll race will get us SRT8 guys killed every time. Just think about how many times you've heard an SRT8 loosing.

Users who are viewing this thread