5.0 Magazine releases notes on 03.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
The rumors a few weeks ago about the 03 Cobra dynoed at PHP were true. 5.0 mag had a small write up about testing at Pauls and it put 360 on the rollers. 423 at the crank, not too shabby. They said two SVT guys brought two 03's in with only the exhaust manifolds on and no cats or mufflers for a "What if" test. They got 400 rwhp - 470 fwhp. Paul said the 03 is really corked up from the factory .

Headers and exhaust or just an O/R Bassani and catback will put this car to 450 fwhp. A pulley and dyno tune and this car will be putting out 500 fwhp and a Z06 will see tail lights for a few seconds anyway. That'll put an end to all the "Well it wont run with a Z06". You're right. It'll waste it, straight line anyway. Rumors out of AZ from track testing says the 03 handles better than any Cobra ever made and holds its own with a Z06.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
The rumors a few weeks ago about the 03 Cobra dynoed at PHP were true. 5.0 mag had a small write up about testing at Pauls and it put 360 on the rollers. 423 at the crank, not too shabby. They said two SVT guys brought two 03's in with only the exhaust manifolds on and no cats or mufflers for a "What if" test. They got 400 rwhp - 470 fwhp. Paul said the 03 is really corked up from the factory .

Headers and exhaust or just an O/R Bassani and catback will put this car to 450 fwhp. A pulley and dyno tune and this car will be putting out 500 fwhp and a Z06 will see tail lights for a few seconds anyway. That'll put an end to all the "Well it wont run with a Z06". You're right. It'll waste it, straight line anyway. Rumors out of AZ from track testing says the 03 handles better than any Cobra ever made and holds its own with a Z06.:thumbsup:

my guess is that the cobra won't make any *F*whp...LOL
but it'll have a sh!tload of *R*whp...
(sorry, I'm anal about those kinda details....)

DLV

Established Member
I think he was referring to flywheel horsepower.:rolling:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by kwiksnake
Well flywheel hp is referred to as bhp, not fwhp. :-D

Yeah, I agree, sorry though, I thought you were referring to Front wheel HP, like all the ricer mags are used to stating....

Users who are viewing this thread