5.0 fender badges..

RSKtakR

Established Member
Anyone know if the 11-14 5.0 emblems will fit the 15's? I am wanting to put gloss black 5.0 emblems on my s550 but I like the 11-14 emblems more, and there seems to be more options for the 11-14 emblems vs the 15's.

Shelbyman

Established Member
You know you could try what I did. I sprayed the 5.0 emblem on the car with matte black Plasti Dip while it was on the car. Not sure if PlastiDip has a gloss black but you could check it out. All I did was mask with thin plastic sheeting around the emblem leaving about a 1-2" gap and just sprayed it over the paint and emblem. Sprayed 7 coats 1/2 hr between then let dry for a hour or so and then peeled off carefully all the excess dip. The reason I did this was because I did order some after market 5.0 emblems and didn't like the look of them. They were not exactly the same as original. And since the originals had alignment pegs on them I didn't want to go through the hassle of removing them and remounting them. So far the dip is holding up well. Even if it begins to show wear its easy to reshoot them.

Shelbyman

Established Member
so, the fenders have holes in them behind the badges?

And on the trunk panel the GT emblem is held on with plastic rivets that are part of the back of the GT emblem that go through 4 holes in the black plastic panel. I know this because I have taken the emblem off my panel ground down what was left of the rivets and mounted it on a carbon panel with 3M mounting tape.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
i guess there goes the debadging plan

Lol. I hear you. A couple weeks ago after a couple of beers I had the hairdryer and fishing line ready to go. Just before I started, I thought, maybe I should make sure there are no pegs. F'in glad I checked or I would have been so pissed....

Shelbyman

Established Member
Lol. I hear you. A couple weeks ago after a couple of beers I had the hairdryer and fishing line ready to go. Just before I started, I thought, maybe I should make sure there are no pegs. F'in glad I checked or I would have been so pissed....

Yes you would have been big time pissed off if you had started that project. :nonono: Glad to hear you didn't get started. What I wanted to do was black them out. That you can do.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread