4v Swap Help

layzie

Established Member
Any help would be much appreciated and possibly rewarded. I am in the middle of racking my brain on how to proceed digging into my current 2002 GT 2v 4.6

My 4v swap will consist of a POSI ported eaton @ 17psi and a 150 shot of nitrous using a Zex blackout kit on a Teksid block - The car will be a street car only (for now)

Can any of you here point me to any article for me to review that includes a detailed part list for everything I would need to put the Teksid into my car / 4v swap? Intake... COP/ wiring harness / alternator bracket part #'s tube part #'s - What i can use from my existing block ect, ect, ect

Please and Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------

Teksid Build V1.0

Parts Needed==================================

Teksid Block - $400-$500 shipped (extra care shipping from race bronco)

-03 Cobra complete/assembled stock HEADS - $1200
vs
-ROUSH heads $2000?

$5500 - DSS Rotating Assembly / Labor for building and shipping stroker shortblock.
$350 - 03 cobra lower intake
$200 - 03/04 4.6 Ford Racing timimg cover NIB
$50 - OE 2003-04 New in box (NIB) oil dip stick for 2003-04 Cobra 4.6 mod motor $50
$450 - Fluidyne 97-04 Mustang 3 Core Radiator (Manual) $450 shipped
$100 - OE 2003-04 Eaton Reservoirs $100 shipped
$450 - divisionX 03-04 Cobra 4 Pulley Billet Idler Kit (Black) $450
$ 1k - Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System $1k
$ 1.6k - American Racinh Headers
$? - OE 0223-04 Cobra gas tank
$ - All req Gaugesfor Boost / temp
$ ? - wiring harness / extension for 4v swap $?

Unknowns: (need to research)======================

-New Long tube headers or will my 2v MAC long tubes bolt to cobra manifolds? (solved by 2003DSGMACH1)
-03 cobra fuel tank required? (solved by 2003DSGMACH1)
-Research the COP issue with 4v swap

Parts I already have=============================
POSI ported eaton
OE Heat exchanger and all piping
Nitto 555r 315 Drag radials + wheels
SCT tuner
03 Cobra front / rear brakes

Gift Card / PayPal list for those who have helped me out ==============
$? -

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
My opinion is that 1600 for the block is a bit too much.
If you are sending it to a machine shop, to have them further inspect it , at further cost , get a block from the member here ,
I believe his user name is race Bronco .

Ourobos

Established Member
You can pick bare blocks up for $200-$400 all day long.. Now if that $1600 includes a forged rotating assembly, that's not too bad..

racebronco2

Established Member
I have cleaned stock bore Teksid blocks for 370.00 shipped. All the 4v and 2v heads will fit the Teksid blocks. You will need the screw in timing chain guide pins which i have those. I have the coils, valve covers and most of the bolts you will need. Pm me what you need.

layzie

Established Member
Sent you a pm..

You have most bolts rght? Where do I go to buy the rest of the bolts? What other parts do I need?

I am 3+ days from buying a 7k short block from DSS Unless i go teksid.. and i want to go teksid but I NEED to know what is all involved & What parts I'll need to buy if I went teksid with an 03 cobra blower. Whoever can Guide me or link me a detailed parts list / install Guide would be my new best friend.

Last edited:

TerminatedGT

Established Member
Sent you a pm..

You have most bolts rght? Where do I go to buy the rest of the bolts? What other parts do I need?

I am 3+ days from buying a 7k short block from DSS Unless i go teksid.. and i want to go teksid but I NEED to know what is all involved & What parts I'll need to buy if I went teksid with an 03 cobra blower. Whoever can Guide me or link me a detailed parts list / install Guide would be my new best friend.

DO NOT BUY A DSS MOTOR....... I helped put one of those POS motors in a 5.0 after I told the guy not to buy it. EVERY DSS motor I have personally seen (5) has not lasted. I am not saying there parts are bad just the attention to detail and machine work is not there.
Now this being said I have not been around any of there stuff sense 2006 and they might have changed GOOD LUCK

I'D LOOK UP MMR never seen there stuff but don't hear a lot of complaints about them

Last edited:

layzie

Established Member
See this is the shit i need to know. I have quotes from DSS, MMR, LIVERNOIS, FOX LAKE and waiting on one last one from PRO WELD PERF.

DSS said that some other shops (unnamed) are not on their level as they manufacture their own pistons and pushed their stroker kits hard. If a piston does not fit correctly they will manufacture a new one until it fits right.

MMR - 2nd second place

LIVERNOIS - Personality conflict - Not too much good info and quotes as high as 15k..

PRO WELD - Knows his terminator motors - Most knowledgeable person I have spoken with so far. If i do not purchase a block from him then I most certainly will be sending him a couple hundred dollars just for his brain.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
No offense but why not just sell your GT then buy a twin screwed terminator for less than your build and probably make more power.

Then if you go to sell the GT people are going to give you about 1-2k over the price of a standard GT if you're lucky.

layzie

Established Member
I already bought a terminator. Purchased one with 3k miles on it as a matter of fact from a man who babied it almost as bad as I did. Drove it out of his garage in his mansion and put only the absolute best and most expensive parts on it I could find. It was most likely the cleanest car terminator in the country and because of that I never drove the dam thing. I was afraid to drive such a marvelous piece of absolute perfection and beauty. My woman at that time was always so pissed that we never had sex inside the car for fear of messing up the seats.

When i love things, I take extra special care of them. I do not love my GT.. and I am going to have some serious fun with this car!

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I already bought a terminator. Purchased one with 3k miles on it as a matter of fact from a man who babied it almost as bad as I did. Drove it out of his garage in his mansion and put only the absolute best and most expensive parts on it I could find. It was most likely the cleanest car terminator in the country and because of that I never drove the dam thing. I was afraid to drive such a marvelous piece of absolute perfection and beauty. My woman at that time was always so pissed that we never had sex inside the car for fear of messing up the seats.

When i love things, I take extra special care of them. I do not love my GT.. and I am going to have some serious fun with this car!

No reason you can't mod a terminator mine only has 8300 miles on it now, but I understand wanting to build a car. I just didn't want to see another "what do you think I should ask for this" thread about a terminator swapped GT. Those guys always get their hearts broken lol.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
My woman at that time was always so pissed that we never had sex inside the car for fear of messing up the seats.

LOLOLOLOLOL

I have an older DSS lvl 10 ally blocked 5.0 stroker. No complaints so far, not sure of the mileage but it's been in the car since 06? IIRC.

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
I don't think your GT headers will work. I have Mac headers and they are a fine header but if I had the money at the time I would have got American racing headers and I still might get some and install them but Mac is an good cheap header. I don't see a 4 or 6lbs lower on your list? If you want to make 17psi I think you need one. As far as the gas tank you could use yours but if it was me I would get a cobra gas tank because you don't have to worry about fuel slush when taking turns and maybe starving the motor for fuel.
I hope I helped you some.

Last edited:

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
This is going to be a bit expensive, I've done a 4v swap into a GT and things add up real quick. If you can find a complete 03/04 cobra motor that would be your best bet, or finding a complete eaton swap kit. You're going to need to change the Power Steering lines the A/C lines will work from your GT. Other then that just get all the plumbing for the heat exchanger and heat exchanger pump, as for the wiring you can still use your GT harness and computer just have to switch the polarity on the coils and extend some wires. I ended up taking apart the engine harness and re-ran each wire to fit the motor and it looks factory for the most part, I can dig up a list of pig tials you're going to need for your harness let me just search for them today.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
The only thing to change for the power steering is the line from the reservoir to the pump.

You need to re wire your IAT1 into an IAT2, you need the pigtail and change crimp and heat shrink 2 wires, very easy.

You need a relay, and the correct pigtail for the IC pump, run power, switched 12v(red on engine harness at main connection), and 2 ground wires, really easy, and the holes are already in the frame for the pump and reservoir

lengthen IAC valve wires, and bring back the TPS sensor in the loom(there is enough wire for it)

Reverse polarity and lengthen all COP plugs

lengthen the coolant temp sensor plug

Strip your Alternator wiring off the harness and re run it as is, no mods needed

Chances are any eaton swap you find will be about 90% complete, and listed as "complete"

the eaton swap will nickel and dime you to death, budget another $500 for misc junk(hardware, gaskets, sensors, pulleys)

PM me with any Q's you got. I was helped out a lot buy different individuals and now its time to pay it forward

Users who are viewing this thread