4V Camshaft degreeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I remember reading an article in MM&FF a while back where they built up a B Headed 4 valve 4.6 and were amazed at how off the cam degreeing was between the right and left sides. If I remember correctly, they picked up a bunch of power by degreeing the cams correctly and they also said it's very important to do when building a motor up because if that is off between the banks, one side of the motor will make more power than the other... which is bad

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Ciotti said:
I remember reading an article in MM&FF a while back where they built up a B Headed 4 valve 4.6 and were amazed at how off the cam degreeing was between the right and left sides. If I remember correctly, they picked up a bunch of power by degreeing the cams correctly and they also said it's very important to do when building a motor up because if that is off between the banks, one side of the motor will make more power than the other... which is bad

this is why engines should only have one cam... :(

red9450

Established Member
you just proved your own point. LS1 345hp. 346c.i.
4v 281c.i. 320hp

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
sorry i thought he was saying something else lol so i was just saying if it had one cam it make less power???? riiigghhttt then what about the LS seires engines...thats all...lol sorry man

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
sorry i thought he was saying something else lol so i was just saying if it had one cam it make less power???? riiigghhttt then what about the LS seires engines...thats all...lol sorry man

blkstangman88

Established Member
july 2006 was the artical ur talking about ciotti. i happen to b reading it last week lol

can power b gained advancing the stock intake cams. as stated in that article. the power gains are from advancing the intake cams(comp cams). not much gain is from moving the exhaust cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread