4v cam center lines for turbo

Canuckstang

Established Member
Well after days of searching the Googles...lol I can t seem to find a concensus on what I should set my cam center lines too. I see 108 exhaust and 120 intake mostly but I’m just want to be sure. This will give a LSA of 114

I’ve built my WAP 4v with diamond 11.5 cc pistons. H beam rods. Stock Kellogg crank and have stayed with stock cams Compression ratio calculates to be around 9.2-9.4 CR. The best we can get for gas around here in 91 octane.

My car is mainly street driven with maybe one or two weekends at the drag strip.

What should I set my cam center lines too for good street torque? Not looking for a lopey idle. Also will whatever this setting be help with boost coming in sooner?

I’m new to this boosted thing so any info you give me will be appreciated.

thanks

Canuckstang

Established Member
Well after days of searching the Googles...lol I can t seem to find a concensus on what I should set my cam center lines too. I see 108 exhaust and 120 intake mostly but I’m just want to be sure. This will give a LSA of 114

I’ve built my WAP 4v with diamond 11.5 cc pistons. H beam rods. Stock Kellogg crank and have stayed with stock cams Compression ratio calculates to be around 9.2-9.4 CR. The best we can get for gas around here in 91 octane.

My car is mainly street driven with maybe one or two weekends at the drag strip.

What should I set my cam center lines too for good street torque? Not looking for a lopey idle. Also will whatever this setting be help with boost coming in sooner?

I’m new to this boosted thing so any info you give me will be appreciated.

thanks

gt347mustang

Established Member
Are your pistons fly cut? I usually try to open the intake as early as possible. Sometimes you can get to desired ICL but sometimes you're limited by PTV issues.

What cams?

Canuckstang

Established Member
They are fly cut .151 on the intake and .050 on the exhaust. So I don’t think PTv clearance will be an issue. I’m running stock Mach 1 cams at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread