4L80e Swap?

lightningkid831

Established Member
Looking to switch to an auto in my cobra. Debating between a turbo 400 (which many people have done) and the 4L80e. I would prefer the 4L for OD and lockup, but not sure anyone has successfully completed the swap.

Car is currently has a TVS with long tubes and on e85 making ~690 rwhp but will eventually be running twins with a built motor. Looking at the Hughes Transmission 4L with modular bell housing.

Does anyone know about clearance with long tubes? And clearance in the trans tunnel?

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
The 4l80e is a Chevy trans so you would probably have to give tci a call as I think they make one that bolts to modular engines you also have to worry about how to control it and speed sensors are usually different in gm trans vs ford.

lightningkid831

Established Member
I'm not worried about the bell housing. Jakes performance is 20 miles from me, and they make a bell housing that fits mod motors. And yes I know the 4L80 is a Chevy trans lol. I'll be going to a full manual valve body, and either wiring a 4L connector into the stock speed sensor wire or using an ABS wire for the speedometer. I'm purely just wondering about physical fitment into the vehicle trans tunnel and clearing long tubes.

I'll give JPC a call tomorrow, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread