465 lph pumps which one?

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Which walbro 465 pump do I need the regular one or the one that says high pressure in the description, there are two options on lethals site not sure which one to get

MG0h3

Established Member
Are you doing a return setup? If so I'd just do the whole fore kit from a vendor on here. 04Sleeper, MalcolmV8, and Turbovnm (not sure if I spelled that one right) can all help you. You'll get a better deal than the fore site.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I already have the entire fore setup I’m getting ready to go e85 and would like to switch from aem320’s to the 465’s just don’t know which ones to get

MG0h3

Established Member
I just went on Fores site and they list a TI 262, 267, and 274. 262 is the 400lph.

267 and 274 both say 450lph high pressure E85; crossed it to Walbro's site and the description is the same. I want to say I have the 267s.

Hopefully someone else can add.

Brief google search shows the 274 is high pressure.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I just went on Fores site and they list a TI 262, 267, and 274. 262 is the 400lph.

267 and 274 both say 450lph high pressure E85; crossed it to Walbro's site and the description is the same. I want to say I have the 267s.

Hopefully someone else can add.

Brief google search shows the 274 is high pressure.

I was looking on lethals site and just noticed the high pressure one is like 30$ more and doesn’t give a reason why or a difference other than the name not really sure the difference between the two, I’m assuming just the regular one and not the high pressure one is what everybody usually gets? But idk lol thanks for trying to help out I think the 267’s also but just want to make sure

MG0h3

Established Member
@MalcolmV8

Malcolm do you send out the 267 or 274 pump? Walbros site gives the same description for both. Assuming 274 is higher pressure due to the higher price.

OP I dug around and couldn't find the receipt for my kit but we should get the answer soon enough.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
@MalcolmV8

Malcolm do you send out the 267 or 274 pump? Walbros site gives the same description for both. Assuming 274 is higher pressure due to the higher price.

OP I dug around and couldn't find the receipt for my kit but we should get the answer soon enough.

Thanks man I appreciate the help I tried searching online also and nothing

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks man I appreciate the help I tried searching online also and nothing

Ok dug through my emails and it looks like Malcolm did in fact get me the 274s. Still trying to figure out what I did with the packing list

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Ok dug through my emails and it looks like Malcolm did in fact get me the 274s. Still trying to figure out what I did with the packing list

Hmm I wonder what the reasoning is for the high pressure ones and what benefits they have over the regular ones, thanks again for looking and helping out hopefully Malcolm chimes in

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
I guess the flow rates are identical it’s just the 274 has different internal relief valve that allows it to run at higher pressures...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
@MalcolmV8

It depends on what the customer needs. The purpose of the 274 pumps was to address higher boost cars. As you know fuel pressure must go up in proportion to boost pressure. So if your base pressure is 50 or 60 PSI and and you plan to run 25 ~ 30 PSI of boost well you're looking at 85 ~ 90 PSI of fuel pressure. That'll blow open the internal pressure relieve valve on the 267s. It doesn't just blow off excess pressure it blows open and dumps all pressure. That'll cause you to have a sudden lean condition.
The 274 pumps take up to around 110 PSI I believe before they blow open.
Naturally you'd think well everyone should just run the 274s but that's not the case. Fore says on the smaller installations not moving good fuel volume the 274s will run hot.
So it's a case by case basis based on injector size, fuel used, boost level and of course future goals of the cars. From spec'ing these out for so many years I've gotten a good feel for what goes with what combo.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks Malcolm.

I know you spec'd the 274s for mine but I remember cranking the FPR up to test for leaks and I only got to @80psi. Damnit if I can't find the packing slip!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks Malcolm.

I know you spec'd the 274s for mine but I remember cranking the FPR up to test for leaks and I only got to @80psi. Damnit if I can't find the packing slip!

I wonder if that's the max base pressure of the regulator without being boost referenced.

Just looked the Fore F2i has a max base pressure of 70psi.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Thanks Malcolm.

I've personally run 267s to 80 PSI and they held well for a couple years till I changed combos. So no way 274s let go there unless something failed :) or your FPR as someone else mentioned.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
It depends on what the customer needs. The purpose of the 274 pumps was to address higher boost cars. As you know fuel pressure must go up in proportion to boost pressure. So if your base pressure is 50 or 60 PSI and and you plan to run 25 ~ 30 PSI of boost well you're looking at 85 ~ 90 PSI of fuel pressure. That'll blow open the internal pressure relieve valve on the 267s. It doesn't just blow off excess pressure it blows open and dumps all pressure. That'll cause you to have a sudden lean condition.
The 274 pumps take up to around 110 PSI I believe before they blow open.
Naturally you'd think well everyone should just run the 274s but that's not the case. Fore says on the smaller installations not moving good fuel volume the 274s will run hot.
So it's a case by case basis based on injector size, fuel used, boost level and of course future goals of the cars. From spec'ing these out for so many years I've gotten a good feel for what goes with what combo.

Thankyou for clarifying everything for us makes complete sense. Once I decide to pull the trigger on these pumps I will send my business your way

Users who are viewing this thread