450 rwhp from just a tune, JLT & American Racing headers/X-pipe!

Deespeed99

Established Member
Adam's doing a great job with the 15's! Impressive stuff!

[youtube_browser]UeQpzkjjqdY[/youtube_browser]

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Depends on the dyno. I'd say the 2015 is making 10-15 more here than the average 2014 dyno. I can't see the video right now, but was there a baseline number? That would make it easier to say.

Shaun@AED just tuned a 2013 M6 with Kooks LTs, catted h-pipe, and Airaid. Went from 380 stock baseline to 430 after those parts and a tune on 91 octane.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Not surprised, Adam is one of the best tuners in the country. Great #s ......question for op, have you guys done any suspension work for your 15 , and if so what did you do?

PC03GT

Established Member
Looks like everyone is going to be breaking half shafts after these mods!!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Oh my gosh! You anti-IRS people are so ignorant that it makes my head hurt. All these cars will need are IRS bushings and they'll be hooking hard and going.

ArabianOak

Established Member
With all that HP the wimpy IRS will break. They should have stuck with a solid rear axel for the 15s.

Lol. How is the IRS on this car wimpy?? Don't tell me, someone was at the track and broke a half shaft right???

But meanwhile on the Shelby forum guys are bending axles and blowing up clutches.

Don't care what you drive, if you go to track shit breaks.

Fyi these half shafts on the 2015 are pretty beefy.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Lol. How is the IRS on this car wimpy?? Don't tell me, someone was at the track and broke a half shaft right???

But meanwhile on the Shelby forum guys are bending axles and blowing up clutches.

Right, but they are breaking stuff with 662 minimum, most have 100 or 200 more.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Right, but they are breaking stuff with 662 minimum, most have 100 or 200 more.

We have seen 2 cars break half shafts on mid-low 11 second passes (right in line with stock/sticky tire 13/14 GT500s). I've read about spun axle tubes with stock power on sticky tires at the track with the s197s. Traction + power = breakage.

jtfx6552

Established Member

We have seen 2 cars break half shafts on mid-low 11 second passes (right in line with stock/sticky tire 13/14 GT500s). I've read about spun axle tubes with stock power on sticky tires at the track with the s197s. Traction + power = breakage.

Your kidding right?

edit, Two 15s have broken half shafts by the time the cars were out for what 2 weeks?

Compare that with 8.8s making probably several 1,000,000 passes in various cars with two two three times the RWHP of a 15.

I can't wait to see how well the $1000.00 a piece half shafts last.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Some info that Chris from GForce Engineering posted on another forum about the Halfshafts I have coming from him:

GForce engineering said:
Kelly,

We have a set of the FRPP Level 5 Half Shafts that we make exclusively for Ford Racing shipping out to you tomorrow.
These are the same axles that Ford has been doing all the testing with over the last several months on the cars that have been seen in the videos released by Ford.
These are the Level 5 Outlaw Half Shafts that have our billet cv internals and big 31 spline axle bars and have been tested in IRS cars that put down 1500+ rwhp.
The BMR Camaro shop car that has our 9" IRS conversion in it has axles very similar to these in it.
To date there has never been a single Level 5 Outlaw axle broken so beat on them all you want, you wont break them.
We as well as Ford are anxious to see what your car will do

I had no idea that they were building the Outlaw Level 5's for the FRPP Units.

That is VERY exciting news to me.

We have been using GForce for many years at BMR. In the GM IRS World, we are very dominant - we have been building IRS Suspension components for quite some time - and the GForce stuff has been top notch for us. FRPP made a fine choice, I must say!

I would like to add, for those who are frowning upon the IRS in this car. Our 2010 Camaro, TVS Powered, is in the low 9-Second range...and cuts high 1.2, low 1.3 sixty foot times. We use GForce components on that car, and have been for 4 years now.

Quoted from Kelly about the Ford racing half shafts.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Well this thread devolved pretty quickly.

I guess all the anti-IRS folk worried about it handling power should tune in to hear the output figures for the GT350 that will be revealed later today..........................

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Well this thread devolved pretty quickly.

I guess all the anti-IRS folk worried about it handling power should tune in to hear the output figures for the GT350 that will be revealed later today..........................

Hmmmmmm....sounds you might have a little inside info :). Will it be 550hp?

Voltwings

Established Member
The tricky part is theres a very fine line between useful hp on a track and hp that people want from a halo car that will make it sell. I dont think it'll be that high, but we'll see, no need to threadjack here.

Users who are viewing this thread