400 hp/tq Lincoln MKZ !!

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
3.0 Ecoboost V6 AWD with torque vectoring and paddle shifters. Who else is excited!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I think it would make a nice engine for the Mustang and even an ST version of the new Fusion Sport coming out (a step up from the 2.7).

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Can you imagine the handling, etc. with a 425-450hp/tq version of this engine in a Mustang? No replacement for a V8 mind you, as a V8 will always be the proper Mustang powerplant, but this would sway me much easier than the 2.3 Ecoboost (and it is an awesome powerplant in its own right).

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Rumor around Dearborn is that 2017 MKZ with 3.0L Turbo AWD will run under 6 sec 0-60s.

Not sure if the 2017 3.0L Turbo Lincoln engine, which is based on the 2.7L Ecoboost, but comes FWD or AWD, will have the same RFOB as the truck motor, so it will mate to a 6R80 6-speed auto or the new 10-speed auto.

The F150 2.7L Eco is somewhat smaller and lighter than the 3.5L Eco, so it should fit a Mustang or Ranger, but not much interest in such swaps to date, seems everyone focused on the 3.5L Eco. 3.5L Eco is 375HP/470ft-lbs for 2017 F150, likely 450HP/540ft-lbs for 2017 Raptor.

Turboba6

Established Member
I'm Confused, the 2017 MKZ is LIGHTER that the SHO, with MORE HORSEPOWER, where are All the Magazine Reviews, the Lincoln 'Should' run a 13Flat, Maybe a 12 based on the Specs!!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I'm Confused, the 2017 MKZ is LIGHTER that the SHO, with MORE HORSEPOWER, where are All the Magazine Reviews, the Lincoln 'Should' run a 13Flat, Maybe a 12 based on the Specs!!

Considering most dumba**es who buy these cars will have no idea how to drive, they will have torque management turned up to 11, so I doubt you will see anything lower than a mid 13 without tuning. Sad... So much potential!

Ford has such incredible powerplants. They need to turn them loose.

Turboba6

Established Member
Considering most dumba**es who buy these cars will have no idea how to drive, they will have torque management turned up to 11, so I doubt you will see anything lower than a mid 13 without tuning. Sad... So much potential!

Ford has such incredible powerplants. They need to turn them loose.
True, any Tunes available?? I Might Lease one, and head STRAIGHT to the Track!!! 12,s for sure!!

Users who are viewing this thread