40% Drive train loss

Abdul_f150

The power drop off could be ECT or MCT getting too high and pulling spark, knock sensor activity etc...

Since this is a new install make sure you have Premium fuel in the tank, and try not to let the truck sit too long between runs on the dyno with the engine off, this just heat soaks the blower which will make the MCT climb and pull spark.

Run it in the highest gear you can and not hit the speed limiter, which is usually 3rd on the 6 speed trucks.
The guy I work with told me that roush’s calibration caused engine knock and that the custom tuning solved the issue. I’m only using premium fuel She deserve to be spoiled. I’ll post the new results as soon as i get them hopefully better results

onlya302

Rise to the Challenege
Established Member
When they did the dyno runs before did they do it right after you drove it to the shop? If so it could have already been heat soaked and just pulled all the timing out and made the number low. Maybe just try putting it on the dyno and run fans on it an hour or so to bring down the MCT and make a pull to see if the power doesn't drop off again.

Abdul_f150

When they did the dyno runs before did they do it right after you drove it to the shop? If so it could have already been heat soaked and just pulled all the timing out and made the number low. Maybe just try putting it on the dyno and run fans on it an hour or so to bring down the MCT and make a pull to see if the power doesn't drop off again.
I think that would make a difference i’ll definitely Try that thanks a lot for you feedback appreciated

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If you can get them to datalog the pulls and give you the file you could upload it here and someone could likely review it for you as well

Abdul_f150

If you can get them to datalog the pulls and give you the file you could upload it here and someone could likely review it for you as well
I’m really happy i’ve signed in this forum. Thanks alot guys i’ll post everything after i visit the dyno and take your opinion

Zemedici

Established Member
The guy I work with told me that roush’s calibration caused engine knock and that the custom tuning solved the issue. I’m only using premium fuel She deserve to be spoiled. I’ll post the new results as soon as i get them hopefully better results

Factory tunes definitely leave some room for improvement, for sure

Users who are viewing this thread