4 Lug rotors on cobra setup

nikkodnp

Established Member
Hey SVTP,

I have a 1989 LX with 4 lug right now any my tires have seen better days. I have the stock 10 hole 225's all around so i figured its time for an upgrade. I may want to swap to a cobra IRS Front/ Rear caliper setup in the future though.

What i want is the stock looking 4 lug pony wheels that i can use for now, but also be able to put on when i get a cobra setup; Would it be possible to put 4 lug rotors on a cobra front/rear setup so i can keep my 17x8 255's and 17x10 275's as a simple bolt on mod?

Much help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dig Race

Established Member
The rotors on these cars have the studs in them so a 4 to 5 lug swap for the front is just swaping rotors

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Hey SVTP,

I have a 1989 LX with 4 lug right now any my tires have seen better days. I have the stock 10 hole 225's all around so i figured its time for an upgrade. I may want to swap to a cobra IRS Front/ Rear caliper setup in the future though.

What i want is the stock looking 4 lug pony wheels that i can use for now, but also be able to put on when i get a cobra setup; Would it be possible to put 4 lug rotors on a cobra front/rear setup so i can keep my 17x8 255's and 17x10 275's as a simple bolt on mod?

Much help would be appreciated, thanks.

Strictly speaking, no. If you do a proper cobra conversion, including an IRS, you will be 5 lug, as the new spindles are a 5 lug setup. You might be able to have new hubs custom machined so you could stay 4 lug, but then you'd need to find rotors to fit. It's really not worth the effort...you can get some Pony R's to retain the stock look with a 5 lug setup.

nikkodnp

Established Member
I've been looking at the 5 lug pony's to work with the IRS setup,

Will the 17x9 24mm offset and 5.94 backspacing and 275/40 work as is with the irs fox as a direct bolt on?
https://lmr.com/item/WTK-1007NZAK/Mustang-Pony-Wheel-Tire-Kit-5-Lug-17x8-9-Silver-Nitto-NT555
I'm thinking about getting the staggered 17x8's 245/45 to go with it up front.

I have a buddy who's rolled his fenders and managed to put oe 03/04 17in cobra rims milled down to 30mm offset with 255's to run pretty flush.

What do you guys think?
As much as possible i'd want to keep these rims for the sleeper look, just a nice toy for me to enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread