4 cyl coupe project

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I've been looking for a good project and want to find a notchback lx to put a mod motor in since a 32v 4.6 can be found pretty easily for not too much. I can't seem to find a decent 5.0 coupe but see a bunch of 4 cyl coupes and since I am swapping to a mod motor anyways, would it be much more trouble to just go from a 4 cyl rather than a 5.0? I'm assuming with a 4 cyl I'd need a new rear end, transmission, springs, etc rather than reusing some of that if I had one with a 5.0 already in it?

Basically how much more trouble would it be to go from a 4 cyl 5 spd to a 32v 4.6 rather than a 5.0 5spd to a 32v? Thanks guys.:beer:

crazycarlo

Established Member
Well most of the stuff I'd have to replace us have to replace for the 4.6 anyways man so go for it. It we prob be cheaper in the long run.

SCMOKN

Established Member
^ And you know that generally the 4 banger sees less abuse. Thinking about a project car myself and that is one of my thoughts.

Blk07gsxr

Established Member
A buddy did one into a term. coupe and was fairly easy just stripped it and swapped everything over. I just picked me one up recently for a project

Users who are viewing this thread