4.6 Alumintor Engine

George Ulloa

Established Member
So sometime in the near future I want to get a new engine. I am very interested in a 4.6 4v dohc engine and my goal is to have a DD that puts down around 350-400 rwhp N/A. No FI for me. I have done research and have come to like the 4.6 Aluminator which is unfortunately now discontinued. Is there really no place that has them? I was thinking that if there is absolutely no way of getting one of these engines that maybe a used mach 1 engine would do. I really don't want to do this that is why I am asking if anybody knows where i could get one. Thanks. :)

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
it would be easier to rebiuld a mach motor than to find an aluminator and maybe cheaper. i would talk to a reputable engine builder near you. you can also pm Roy on the mach 1 registry forum, i almost had him build me a motor before, very knowledgeable guy

M4RK

Established Member
Certainly more expensive to buy the Aluminator short/long block than it would be to build your own. I purchased an Aluminator long block a few years ago from a local Ford dealership. I did struggle finding a dealership that had them in stock and a few places tried to overcharge me because it was discontinued.

I don’t see the need for a built Ford crate motor if your goal is to stay N/A at 350-400hp though.

Users who are viewing this thread