4.6 32 valve swap?

Arabikassassinz

Established Member
I have a spare 302 block i'm building up for a complete engine swap, but caught wind that a 32 valve would be a better idea, and a supercharger would strap right on. out of which vehicle would I find the right 4.6 engine? I have a guy that would like to swap my 302 for his 4.6 that came out of a 96 gt with 92k miles on it. Just want to know if this is the right engine and move to make. Thanks guys!

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have a spare 302 block i'm building up for a complete engine swap, but caught wind that a 32 valve would be a better idea, and a supercharger would strap right on. out of which vehicle would I find the right 4.6 engine? I have a guy that would like to swap my 302 for his 4.6 that came out of a 96 gt with 92k miles on it. Just want to know if this is the right engine and move to make. Thanks guys!

His 96 has the weakest V8 Ford had put in the mustang since the early 80s.. and its a 2 valves

douchebaggery brought to you by tapatwat

DRCjasper

Established Member
Not the right engine and not really the right move, IMHO. 96-04 GTs had 2 valves per cylinder. If you want a 32V you'll need a 96+ Cobra motor or Mach1. The 03/04 cobra is top dog, with it's forged internals and the Mach1 had an aluminum block. However, I agree with the prior suggestion. Build up the 302 and throw a blower on it. Much more economical when you factor in all the supporting mods to get the 32V to work in that car. If you want big power in a reliable package AND you have the budget for it... then an 03/04 cobra motor is hard to beat.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You wouldn't believe how cheap you could throw a blown 302 together for.

douchebaggery brought to you by tapatwat

Users who are viewing this thread