4.30s in a 2v daily

Cranberry_3v

I have an 02 gt with the manual and a aftermarket exhaust. This is my daily driver, so my question is would 4.30s be to much for a daily with a manual. Another question as well is would I need to build up the rear end or just do preventative maintenance. Any help would be very much appreciated.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have an 02 gt with the manual and a aftermarket exhaust. This is my daily driver, so my question is would 4.30s be to much for a daily with a manual. Another question as well is would I need to build up the rear end or just do preventative maintenance. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The 2v dont need the gear as much as the 4v. Because of the 5th gear OD in the GT i would say 410s. Now if you had some cams that could benefit from higher rpm then i think the 430s would be great.

Also depending on the cars mileage i would say do a rebuild and add carbon clutch pack.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I had 430s in an 01 Cobra and it was fun but 5th gear with the .68 od was not. Turning 3k while doing 70 or around there. If you cruise on the highway often, that will get old.

The car ripped through the gears and 1st was still fine as the car was pretty much stock besides the gears and o/r midpipe.

I would not put 430s in a 2v that only revs to 6k. My 02 GT had 373s at one time when it was bolt on and I think that is the perfect gear for a 2v. 410s are fine too if you plan on staying NA.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
I had 4.10 in my daily driven GT for 7 years. 5 of those years were supercharged. I had no issues with the way it drove. Snow tires in the winter and plowed through everything. Building the rear comes down to if you will ever put a sticky tire on it and do hard launches. On street tires you'll never break anything.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I have 3.73 and sometimes feel like I should have went with 3.55.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I have 4.10s in my 97 gt. I hate it. I drive a lot of highway and its very annoying.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you're gonna go to the strip on any kind of tire it's time for a 31 spline upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread