3v Expedition aiming for 10's

Midas

Established Member
Guess I cant load pics of the build to the thread. When inhav3 more time I will give a more thorough update on the progress.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Guess I cant load pics of the build to the thread. When inhav3 more time I will give a more thorough update on the progress.
When you have more time? You really haven't said ANYTHING yet. You could start by at least explaining/introducing what your build plans are. Pics are good, but I'd really like to READ something. Why start a build thread you don't have time to properly introduce? Is this the ultimate teaser? :unsure:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
OIP.1pzyIh5A1YgxVcv7d8BVcQHaE5

Midas

Established Member
Sorry guys! My name is Steve. I'm building a 08 ford expedition limited. The build list is long,and I had planned to let pictures do the most part of explaining. But the short list consists of a built motor, ported and cammed head's. A F1a procharger is the SC being used... I will attempt to upload pic's again.

Midas

Established Member
After getting the built motor back and reinstalled the 1.9Ltr Magnacharger it ran well with 8-10psi of boost. However that was maxed out on the pulleys; and guess what? I was making less whp with the built motor. After doing some real soul searching I decided to move forward with my power goals. The fuel system was the next consideration. For this I dropped a 525 walbro hellcat pump in the tank. The feed fuel line is 8an. Return is 6an. A Bap is also wired into the system. Fuel pump wires were also upgraded to 8gage with relays.

Midas

Established Member
I have been trying to load the pic of the intake manifold I'll be running. My 5.4 3v will be running a 4.6 3v FRPP intake, ported 65mm twin tb. Adapter plates were made to fit the intake and tb. The 65mm tb is 5" in circumference. So I needed a 5"-4" reducer to allow the 4" hot and cold intercooler piping.

Midas

Established Member
As for a starting point with pulleys: I have completed a 8rib conversion. American Racing Solutions tensioners.15% OD Innovation west Hb. I have a few different griptech pulleys to try out on the F1a procharger. I plan to start with a 4" Sc pulley. With the 4" sc pulley and the 7.5" lower pulley; the blower will be @65k if the motor is ran to 6500Rpm. The motor should make power past 7k. @ 7kRpm the blower will be @ 70krpm. I have most griptech pulleys all the way down to 3". With a 3" small pulleys the blower will be around 84k Rpm if the motor only goes to 6.5krpm

Midas

Established Member
Drive train:
The transmission is a 6r75. For 99% of normal people that have never heard of a 6r75. The 6r75 is the predecessor to the 6r80 that was only ran in 2007 and 2008 ford expeditions. PBH has a LKQ 6r75 transmission now. They will be taking it down and rebuilding it front to back with billet 6r80 parts and HD upgraded clutches.
Transfer Case is a Bw 4406. I'm hopeful it will hold... if not I will contact Atles Transfer cases.
Front and rear drive shafts will be upgraded at Adam's Drive shafts along with Eaton true track's front and back. The front axle is a 8.8" ring gear 27spine. The rear is a 9.75" ring gear with 34spine cv axles. I still need to install the RCV 4x4 actuators lock outs. Rcv axle shafts are a consideration...

Midas

Established Member
Electric system:
The big 4 wire kit was installed with a Power basterds high out put 320amp alternator. The mechanical fan was replaced with duel derale 13" fans. The Oem plastic radiator was replaced with a 3core all aluminum high coolant capacity unit. All 1.75" radiator hoses have been replaced with 16an or 20an fittings and hoses. A MMR inline thermostat will be added with a 160 degree thermostat. The coolant plugs on the back of the heads will be pulled. The plugs will be replaced with an fittings and hoses allowing hot coolant to rush out of the head much quicker. My hypothesis is by allowing the hot coolant out of the heads quicker; I will be capable of pushing timing a bit more without detention... I also have a oil cross over line from the back of the head's.

Midas

Established Member
When you have more time? You really haven't said ANYTHING yet. You could start by at least explaining/introducing what your build plans are. Pics are good, but I'd really like to READ something. Why start a build thread you don't have time to properly introduce? Is this the ultimate teaser? :unsure:
I'm a super busy football dad of 3 young boy's, with a side hobby or 2lol... my youngest son took NV 8u tackle football championship last season! Super proud dad here!!! They have been playing the sport for 3yrs now. I wrote down the most of the build that comes to mind. If you have any questions or suggestions; I'm all ears. Thanks 4the interested bro.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap, Steven, you responded with a (great) load of info and pics. LOL. That's more like it. That is a really great project. I hope in the end all of your goals are reached, and then some.

I see that all of your sons play football. What positions? I'm especially curious to know what position your oldest/tallest son plays. He's got that Patrick Mahomes look.

Midas

Established Member
Holy crap, Steven, you responded with a (great) load of info and pics. LOL. That's more like it. That is a really great project. I hope in the end all of your goals are reached, and then some.

I see that all of your sons play football. What positions? I'm especially curious to know what position your oldest/tallest son plays. He's got that Patrick Mahomes look.
Thank you for your kind words of incouragment! My boy's and wife are all so excited for the build just as I am! That's why it had to be a Suv; so we can all enjoy the ride... plus we love expedition.

My 3 boy's from oldest 2youngest:
Dakota Steven
Dallas Steven
Denali Steven.

Dakota is a wide reaciver and safety. Dallas is a tight end and safety. Denali is 8yrs old 160lbs and he is the offensive and defensive LINE! Theboys play the game with all of there heart! I honestly never watch the NFL. Nor do I have a favorite team. The only football I watch is when my boys are playing. My oldest "Dakota" refuses to cut his curls... Mahommes hair does are in right now I guess...lol

Users who are viewing this thread