39k-Mile 1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-Speed on BaT

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I'd like to know where do all these sub-1K cars hide out at?

I could see a collectable car like a 93 Cobra, or Saleen SA-10 sitting and never getting driven, but back in the day nobody wanted the coupes like they do today. Why buy one and then let it sit for 30+ years?

That would be like going out and buying your basic 2021 Mustang GT and then just never driving it ever. Why?

Dusten

Established Member

I could see a collectable car like a 93 Cobra, or Saleen SA-10 sitting and never getting driven, but back in the day nobody wanted the coupes like they do today. Why buy one and then let it sit for 30+ years?

That would be like going out and buying your basic 2021 Mustang GT and then just never driving it ever. Why?

Same reason people buy base vettes and never drive them. Same reason I never drive my 68. Some people just enjoy ownership.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

I wanted an SA-10 so bad when I first saw it in the magazines.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Last time I saw a car like that in person, it drove like a tank. The shocks and struts were frozen in place from sitting in place for so long. It was a spotless car, looked like new, but it needed a lot of work due to sitting stationary. Fuel was bad, tires were flat spotted so bad, fuel injectors were stuck, on and on.

I wouldn't be surprised if that car never drives again. Will just get trailered from one spot to another from owner to future owner.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Seller invited people to check the car out.....if they were willing to travel to Kuwait. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread