351 in a fox body

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
SL,

Doesn't that thing have a cowl inductiond hood?
You can use stock motor mounts if it does.. But you might try HPM they have some 351 solid drop motor mounts for the mustang.. it will actually allow it to fit under a stock hood. Or so I have heard.. I am actually putting these into a project coupe that has a 351W going into it as well.

I hope everything is coming along with #83.

MAC and BBK have shorty swap headers that will allow you to use the stock style H-pipe, they also have full length headers as well with a shortened off-road H-pipe.

Are you going the carberated r fuel injected route?

Later,
JKCOBRA

SL 1993 R

Established Member
The project is coming along slower than expected... Maybe by the end of summer it will be ready to run again.

I picked up the motor the car last raced with, and was going to put it in soon....

The engine has a custom Yates intake, that was modified for injection....

I already have some custom headers for it, to fit the Yates heads. The collectors are 3.5 inches in diameter and dump into a single exhaust system, that is 5 inches in diameter. The exhaust then exits out the side of the car. (it's wild)

I'm also putting in a Jerrico 4 speed, and a Detroit locker for reliability.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Did you buy the headers and complete exhaust system that they had on the car last from them and this is what you are going to use?

Also is that the transmission the same as they had in the car as well?

I thought the car had a 9" in the rear with the race ready locker in it?

Did you get wheels yet top fill out the enlarged wheel wells?

Man that thing is really exciting looking.. I still have the pictures.. I love the older Trans Am look with the widened body work and the exhaust exitung through the side of the car..

Hey do you have any current pics you might be able to email me.. I'd love to see what it looks like now.

I only have pictures of when it was all complete and the front and some of the other body panels didn't have paint on them.

That motor should be a screamer..

Thanks,
JK

SVTCOBRASVT

Established Member
93 R

SL,
I am not really sure why you would want to alter that car.
But if there is anything that you want to sell, I would be interested in taking it.
What are you going to do with the stock 302 that your removing from the 93R?

Performer5Oh

Established Member
Sounds like a nice setup, but its going into your R? If I had a R, I would keep it completley stock. I think they are great how they come from the factory. Why don't you just buy a 4cyl fox-body and put that motor in? You can find cheap ones, then head to a junk yard for the cpu's and all that other good stuff.

JMO,
Randy

Performer5Oh

Established Member

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
Steve ( SL 1993 R),

How are things going? Got it all back together yet?

I would still love to see more pictures of that thing..

Have a good one..

Laster,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread