350R or 2020 500?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I've managed to locate a 2020 500 for msrp, Tech, handling, recarros, carbon dash and car cover. Trying to decide if I should keep my 18 Race Red R or sell it and pick up the 2020?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thats a tough one! And totally up to you!
Personally, the GT500 speaks my language

nickf2005

Established Member
You gotta ask yourself, "Am I going to get $X worth MORE enjoyment than my R?". It's not like you're looking to buy between the two. You've already taken a depreciation hit in the R.

Whats the price difference between your sale/trade of the R and the 500? My guess is $20,000+? That's a lot of coin for an upgrade. Maybe it's worth it, but i have a feeling it may not.

I went through the same thing when I bought my '12 new, shortly after the '13 was released. Was the '13 worth $10,000 more to me? Nope.

That all said, if I had to choose between the 2, I'd pick the 500.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thats a tough one! And totally up to you!
Personally, the GT500 speaks my language
Definitely a tough one. Ive been looking for a 500 for a little while now, but honestly with the ADM'S I've been seeing I hadn't put much thought into if I'd actually pull the trigger if I found one for msrp.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I've been hoping to hear from some R owners who've made the swap, but most that have had both wont pick a favorite

scottGT500

Established Member
I have had both...currently a 500. Even though the 500 is amazing, the 350R seemed more special. The only two reasons for me to get rid of the 350R was the lack of torque and manual. I prefer an auto because I daily my car. The torque problem is only because of my past cars being forced induction so the loss of torque was a problem for me even though the 350R is plenty "fast". If I get to be able to have a second car...it will be a 350R.

Scott

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
this would be a hard decision for me...torque vs manual

i'm gonna drive the 500 at xtreme xperience hopefully soon, just don't know if that's enough seat time for me to miss the stick

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
this would be a hard decision for me...torque vs manual

i'm gonna drive the 500 at xtreme xperience hopefully soon, just don't know if that's enough seat time for me to miss the stick

Yeah thats one of the things holding me back is the lack of a manual. Most reviews seem to indicate the DCT is amazing but not as much fun as the 6spd

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I have had both...currently a 500. Even though the 500 is amazing, the 350R seemed more special. The only two reasons for me to get rid of the 350R was the lack of torque and manual. I prefer an auto because I daily my car. The torque problem is only because of my past cars being forced induction so the loss of torque was a problem for me even though the 350R is plenty "fast". If I get to be able to have a second car...it will be a 350R.

Scott

The R is my current daily driver, so if I purchased the 500 it would become my daily

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Running the GT500 at both a dragstrip and a road course now I don't miss a stick at all. Had manual transmissions all my life but none performed like this DCT. Not even close. Once you experience it you'll know.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Running the GT500 at both a dragstrip and a road course now I don't miss a stick at all. Had manual transmissions all my life but none performed like this DCT. Not even close. Once you experience it you'll know.

If I had an extra $35k laying around, I'd throw a DCT in my ACR and not think twice.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
giphy.gif

GT500 all day long, no question.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the GT350R, but I also LOVE the GT500.
If it were me,........GT500 all day long.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I've got the R listed and I'm seeing if its not too late to change some options on the 500 going for msrp. My local dealer contacted me the other day, I guess they had a customer back out of an order. I can change options on that one but they won't come of the $5k adm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@07 Black Beauty, it sounds like you've decided to go with the GT-500. I was going to ask if you have driven a 2020 GT-500. The silky smooth/quick DC auto and gobs of torque is something you've got to experience. Both cars are great, and different folks have different feelings about each.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
@07 Black Beauty, it sounds like you've decided to go with the GT-500. I was going to ask if you have driven a 2020 GT-500. The silky smooth/quick DC auto and gobs of torque is something you've got to experience. Both cars are great, and different folks have different feelings about each.

No unfortunately I haven't had the chance to drive a new 500. All the local dealers don't have any on the lots, and the ones they've had come in are customer ordered cars.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Carbon pack GT500.

Checks both boxes... "brutal fast" and "special".
It also currently checks the “ADM” box, and that’s not changing soon on the CFTP.
I was out cruising my ‘14 and a Performance Blue ‘20 CFTP passed me going the opposite way. Despite loving my ‘14 and knowing it’s faster and suited to what I like (drag), I can’t say I wouldn’t trade straight up for that specific spec CFTP. Looked stunning driving by!
-J

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have had several performance mustangs, I open tracked a modified 00R for 14 years, never thought anything would compare, bought 17 350R for a street car not planning to track at all and on the day I was packing trailer to go to track 00R broke, 100% stock 350R blew me away, I no longer track 00R, ordered 500 CFTP and will run both on track same day just to compare, if it is a step above 350R, I will no longer track 350. Hard to believe how good these new cars are.

Users who are viewing this thread