dkhall2009

Established Member
I am building a 347 stroker. Im just wanting some imput on what heads and inkake to go with? I was thinking AFR 185 heads. Any ideas would really help. Thanks

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I would suggest The following for H/C/I: for a 302 based motor below will net you around 350-400rwhp and nice hefty 350-400rwtq on a 347 stroker or same setup similar to my on a regular 302/306/331 will net around 300-350rwhp and 320-330rwtq.

Heads:
Trickflow twisted wedge heads 170cc with port work
or
trickflow track heat/ fast as cast cnc ported 185/190/205cc heads
or
Afr 185 /205cc heads

intake:
Trickflow track heat intake

or
trickflow R intake
or
holley system max

Cam:
Ed curtis custom cam
or
Comp xe274hr
or
comp xe276hr
or
comp xe282hr

I run a pair of ported Trickflow track heat heads with a ported trickflow Track heat intake and a comp xe274hr cam with full bolt ons higher compression on my 306 h/c/i and im more then happy with the setup for now

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I would suggest The following for H/C/I: for a 302 based motor below will net you around 350-400rwhp and nice hefty 350-400rwtq on a 347 stroker or same setup similar to my on a regular 302/306/331 will net around 300-350rwhp and 320-330rwtq.

Heads:
Trickflow twisted wedge heads 170cc with port work
or
trickflow track heat/ fast as cast cnc ported 185/190/205cc heads
or
Afr 185 /205cc heads

intake:
Trickflow track heat intake

or
trickflow R intake
or
holley system max

Cam:
Ed curtis custom cam
or
Comp xe274hr
or
comp xe276hr
or
comp xe282hr

I run a pair of ported Trickflow track heat heads with a ported trickflow Track heat intake and a comp xe274hr cam with full bolt ons higher compression on my 306 h/c/i and im more then happy with the setup for now

These are good options and I completely agree with most of them BUT a 205 head (of any brand) is to much head for a 347 unless your running over 12.1 compression. At normal 10.1 or less compression the runner is to big and will kill your torque #'s AND could hurt throttle response and driveability. The TFS fast as cast heads are a really good bang for the buck and fordstrokers.com has a sale for the fast as cast 190's, upgraded springs AND a custom billet cam set for $1900 shipped to your door.

AFRs are a good choice and a set of 185's will do well BUT most out of the box heads (TFS, AFR, etc) dont have a very good valve train on them so honestly you will want to change the springs. Once again, i make reference to the above combo from fordstrokers. The owners name is woody, he is a top notch guy and is happy to offer insight over the phone even if you dont buy from him. Give him a call and he will be completely honest about what works with what, even if he doesn't sell the parts you want.

For the intake I would go with the Holley systemax or the Trick flow R. NOT the box R, there is a difference and you want to keep the long runner design intake for the added low end torque.

For the record, I have not spent a dime with woody, but I have talked with him several times and I will be doing a good amount of business with him over the winter. Hes a straight shooter and all he builds if SBF motors so he REALLY knows his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread