347 Dyno results

john11gt

Established Member
6C2EABC8-2C3C-4C92-A0D2-62C7F756E83D.jpeg

I dropped my car off at Redline Motorsports in Illinois to get a few things done to it and I just got the results.

Its a stock block 347 in a 85 gt with a T5.
10;25.1 compression
AFR 185s
236/243 .603/.588 108 lsa cam
non ported Victor Jr. intake
quickfuel slayer 750 carb with 2” HVH super sucker carb spacer
MSD ignition and stuff

Im very satisfied with the shop, I’ve been communicating with them via email because I’m currently stationed in Korea. Matt always responded very quickly to all my emails. I only had them install the distributor, ignition, carb spacer, a couple other small things and I had them dyno and tune the vehicle.

I was was hoping for at least 400, so I’m going to have to do a couple things to see if I can get to my goal.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Before I read the results or even saw the combo I was thinking right around 400. Hogging out that Victor will net you some HP.
I wonder if it would have held power higher in the rpms with the carb spacer removed?

john11gt

Established Member
Thanks.

Porting the Vic jr will pick up some power but I’ve been thinking about getting a Parker Funnel Web intake for it. Those from what I’ve read seem to pick up some power over the Jr and it makes peak a few hundred rpm earlier. I would have the funnel web ported also.

I looked in to the carb spacer for a long time before I bought it and everyone seemed to pick up around 10 horsepower across the board with that particular one. Though, I’m not sure, it may have helped it hold peak a little longer.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Nice numbers! That T5 is on borrowed time...
It Depends, I never blew mine back in the day dumping the clutch at 4K with full slicks and a 150 NOS shot for many dozen drag strip passes. On a side note I had a friend grenade 9 of them.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Thanks.

Porting the Vic jr will pick up some power but I’ve been thinking about getting a Parker Funnel Web intake for it. Those from what I’ve read seem to pick up some power over the Jr and it makes peak a few hundred rpm earlier. I would have the funnel web ported also.

I looked in to the carb spacer for a long time before I bought it and everyone seemed to pick up around 10 horsepower across the board with that particular one. Though, I’m not sure, it may have helped it hold peak a little longer.
The Jr. is a killer manifold ported, hell it can support well over 1000 rwhp, we had one on a turbo 358 Windsor that made over 1400 with EFI fuel management. Here's a quick walk around of it.

john11gt

Established Member
The Vic jr is definitely a proven intake, although, even out of the box the Funnel Web flows about 30 com more and all of the runners have an equal cfm.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Those #s are about what I'd expect. Love those 4-eyes! Baby the T5 ( doubtful you will...what's the point? ) and it will survive. Any 3k+ launches on sticky tires will be the beginning of the end for it.

I take it you have already upgraded the rear axle from the stock 7.5"?

john11gt

Established Member
The plan is 6k clutch dumps on slicks, lol. I don’t expect the trans to last real long.

I bought an 8.8 for it but haven’t installed it yet. I’m going to install 4.56 gears in it when I get back home and some better axles.

Users who are viewing this thread