331 List with questions

from6to8

Established Member
I'm not upset at all, please don't take it that way. I just don't see the need in wasting my time spoon feeding you information on my combinations. (nor would I at all, do your own research) Like you have said numerous times, you have 3 cars and your boy has you covered.

Honestly I'm curious why you even made this thread. But to answer your question, the parts you are reusing the only things I'd use in a 331 is your stock distributor.
All to the good :D:D

from6to8

Established Member
Here is my 331

Very nice. Actually I can get down with that. Actually sounds and revs like my boys 408 but he's at 511 hp. On the 408 I'm going to use the Box R and was going to use AFR 205s or TFS 11 Rs.

Now hell, maybe I'd think about mimicing your combo :D but how's the drivability around town and such? I want to be able to drive my 331 and 400 around and hell even on a 3-6 hr trip if I choose. Matter of fact the Terminator as well. But the setup sounds great for sure. I'd probably reserve the 331 more for my normal driving car on weekends mostly since the 400 is probably going to be more radical and sound more like yours. It would get so much attention ALL the time lol. Hell my 302 with E cam, well regrinded in 2014 by my builder to different specs, but it got a lot of attention too and also because of the cosmetics with Saleen body kit and such. I think for normal stuff the 331 would get the brunt of the driving but trust me since I'll have 3. I'd probably drive one a day to work/weekend.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Your combo I'm sure will run fine. Just don't expect too much from it. It's got mild 302 parts, so it's gonna make similiar power to what a 302 would make with just a little more torque.

On a 400+ windsor, I would do at least a ported super vic intake.

Sluggie24

Established Member
OP my neighbor had a fox body with a 331, custom cam, I think the old aluminum GT40 heads, cobra intake, shortys, exhaust and 3.73s. No tune. He took me for a ride in it when he had it and it was a powerful car by my seat of pants meter. A fun street car for sure.

I think yours tuned would be as good if not a bit better.

from6to8

Established Member
Your combo I'm sure will run fine. Just don't expect too much from it. It's got mild 302 parts, so it's gonna make similiar power to what a 302 would make with just a little more torque.

On a 400+ windsor, I would do at least a ported super vic intake.
What would be a more suitable intake for the 331? ( keep in mind the whole non track car :)

Hard to believe I won't get at least 350 Hp out of just stroking it alone and different cam ofcourse and 30 lbers vs 24s. 291/313 is what I dynode with 302 combo.

Are you referring to the super victor as that lower with like a 90 degree elbow for the upper? Googling super victor and even victor jr intakes show a few intakes with the uppers but I think they just said edelbrock victor.

from6to8

Established Member
OP my neighbor had a fox body with a 331, custom cam, I think the old aluminum GT40 heads, cobra intake, shortys, exhaust and 3.73s. No tune. He took me for a ride in it when he had it and it was a powerful car by my seat of pants meter. A fun street car for sure.

I think yours tuned would be as good if not a bit better.
gotcha man and thanks for the info. Yeah if I get 350 out of the combo I'd say that's a plus. Hell I had 291 since 2005. Maybe even 330 would feel good. Being up pretty good in torque from the 313 should be pleasant too.

from6to8

Established Member
stopsign32v If you'd care to share the combo for the 331 in the vid, I might just go ahead and follow that :)

That's why I asked how your drivability was and everything with it. I will be driving the car and hell maybe even a 3-6 mile trip sometimes though primarily a weekend driver

Sluggie24

Established Member
I'm really curious what combo gives 456rwhp NA as well. That's normally a number reserved for big blocks, FI or spray.

from6to8

Established Member
I would have thought so too but hey prove me wrong lol. I know the vid of the car idling and the revs, it sounds almost identical to my boys 408. His has 205's and a Box R intake, custom cam, accufab LTs, 3 inch exhaust with dumps as well. That 331 definitely revs real fast

StalkerStang

Established Member
What would be a more suitable intake for the 331? ( keep in mind the whole non track car :)

Hard to believe I won't get at least 350 Hp out of just stroking it alone and different cam ofcourse and 30 lbers vs 24s. 291/313 is what I dynode with 302 combo.

Are you referring to the super victor as that lower with like a 90 degree elbow for the upper? Googling super victor and even victor jr intakes show a few intakes with the uppers but I think they just said edelbrock victor.

It may make 350 flywheel HP, doubt you'll see 350 wheel though..... I would look into a ported Holley Systemax intake. And try to get out of the street car parts vs track car parts thinking. Its just picking the right parts for the combo.....

I'm talking about the Super Victor intake for the 9.5 deck engines, its got a 4150 intake flange and you can get them in EFI form with injector bungs. that would be the minimum intake I would use for any 9.5 deck combo unless its going to be used in a truck for towing.

I'm really curious what combo gives 456rwhp NA as well. That's normally a number reserved for big blocks, FI or spray.

Getting that kinda power out of a big block or with boost is easy..... Go read up on Yellow Bullet if you want to see some SBF combos making 450+ N/A.... 363 combos are nasty right now with the proper heads and cam profiles.

from6to8

Established Member
It may make 350 flywheel HP, doubt you'll see 350 wheel though..... I would look into a ported Holley Systemax intake. And try to get out of the street car parts vs track car parts thinking. Its just picking the right parts for the combo.....

I'm talking about the Super Victor intake for the 9.5 deck engines, its got a 4150 intake flange and you can get them in EFI form with injector bungs. that would be the minimum intake I would use for any 9.5 deck combo unless its going to be used in a truck for towing.

Getting that kinda power out of a big block or with boost is easy..... Go read up on Yellow Bullet if you want to see some SBF combos making 450+ N/A.... 363 combos are nasty right now with the proper heads and cam profiles.
My 302 now makes 350 fwhp lol. Stroking it a different cam and bigger injectors it should not remain the same as my 302 right? Not sure you areneed mistaking me and I'm building a 331 first not the 400 Windsor the combination of the trick flow heads and the Edelbrock Performer 2 intake 30-pound injectors (not my 24s), different Cam and using the other stuff from the 302 is for the 331.

He said his 331 makes 456 HP not a big blockt. We were asking the combination for it naturally aspirated that made that much horsepower

StalkerStang

Established Member
I'm aware of whats being said. Sluggie referred to the power Stop's 331 is making is "reserved" for big blocks or forced induction. Thus my comment to him.....

If you are making 290 wheel now, I don't see you adding 60 HP from 29 cubic inches and some unknown revised cam specs. Adding larger injectors does not increase power, they would only support the power that the combo is capable of making.

from6to8

Established Member
I'm aware of whats being said. Sluggie referred to the power Stop's 331 is making is "reserved" for big blocks or forced induction. Thus my comment to him.....

If you are making 290 wheel now, I don't see you adding 60 HP from 29 cubic inches and some unknown revised cam specs. Adding larger injectors does not increase power, they would only support the power that the combo is capable of making.
Oh gotcha.

I did say that 330 at the least would probably make me happy so only going up maybe 30 horsepower or so maybe 35 then I may just have to ride with that...

The same guy that made or has the 408 with the 205s I'm about to ask him his combo for his 331 because he made 363 to the wheels. I know it was a custom cam I think 30 pound injectors Mac long tube headers might have been a trick flow or Holley systemax intake and AFR 185 I believe

Sluggie24

Established Member

Yes I know getting that power with a big block or power adder is straight forward. That's why I mentioned it.

450+ rwhp NA from a 302 SBF? See that's a huge number that I have a hard time understanding. Back in 95 I built a 92 GT with a built 306, ported twisted wedge heads and GT40 intake, custom cam, long tubes/full exhaust and a ton of other parts and didn't even get close to that. I had to put a NOS plate kit on to get to that number.

I don't understand how a 302, 306, 331 or even 347 gets enough air/fuel into it to make that power without a power adder. Even with the head design and tuning advancements since then, the displacement is the limiting factor.

from6to8

Established Member
Yes I know getting that power with a big block or power adder is straight forward. That's why I mentioned it.

450+ rwhp NA from a 302 SBF? See that's a huge number that I have a hard time understanding. Back in 95 I built a 92 GT with a built 306, ported twisted wedge heads and GT40 intake, custom cam, long tubes/full exhaust and a ton of other parts and didn't even get close to that. I had to put a NOS plate kit on to get to that number.

I don't understand how a 302, 306, 331 or even 347 gets enough air/fuel into it to make that power without a power adder. Even with the head design and tuning advancements since then, the displacement is the limiting factor.
I don't understand either and I'm no expert but from all that I have read and learned over the years that that's what I understand. He mentioned a big block or with Boost and the 331 that stop sign mentioned he have is not a big block and it's naturally aspirated so you know that's where I am at with it

Stopsign32v

Established Member
The amount of power I made has been done in other 331/347s. I did not create a new mold. Just didn't listen to people that don't know how to do it.

from6to8

Established Member
The amount of power I made has been done in other 331/347s. I did not create a new mold. Just didn't listen to people that don't know how to do it.
Ok. And I'm asking you how you did it. If it's something I think I'd like I may want to follow it.

Or at least point me in the direction of some threads or topics so I can read up on it.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Ok. And I'm asking you how you did it. If it's something I think I'd like I may want to follow it.

Or at least point me in the direction of some threads or topics so I can read up on it.

Figure it out with your boy. I've helped you in this thread as much as I'm going to.

Yes Indeedy. And he is one that actually takes his car to the track lol. I remember him mentioning once he was thinking about making the stang an all out drag car but I guess he sort of changed his mind along the years and went with the 205s. He said yeah if you want your car to be an all out drag car go for what you spoke of in previous post.

If he says his car 408 is a beast with his setup, trust me I believe him lol

Users who are viewing this thread