32V lS Automotive Crate Motor By Mercury Racing

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Just ran past this today, thought it was super interesting. 32v LS based engine with a stand-alone system sold as a crate, with or without accessories.
750hp at 8,000rpm. I’d imagine the price is going to be steep but cool to say the least.

https://www.mercuryracing.com/mercury-racing-reveals-sb4-7-0-automotive-crate-engine/

6EF80207-06B8-40E8-B323-9C913C888484.jpeg

AssPikle

Established Member
Mercury and chevy in the same text. Sounds like kissing...no, have kids with your cousin. Sick and not right at all. God will not allow this abomination.

blownstang01

Established Member
Curious if this is going to find it's way into an outboard. Seems like quite an engineering and manufacturing cost for them to jump into the automotive aftermarket.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
ahh yes, roadster shop would use this motor lol...buddy that has a truck there said they told him their average build is 400k...

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Ah yes the LS 427 short block with cobra heads on it. I saw this at sema a few times, great idea, outstanding power and accepts boost well. If I had the money I would use one for a project

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That would be a waste and a shame..

it would be worth snatching it up for the engine alone.

I asked about it back when I saw it, of course they had plans for it, saw it in the same spot on flat tires 6 months later, got the same answer...I didnt follow up on it after that

Users who are viewing this thread