31st Annual Fabulous Fords Forever

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
To people who are meeting at GTR to go to FFF and youre registered to go in. They actually leave pretty late. We got to FFF like at 9:30-10ish last year. We were one of the last Terminators to go in. Just saying thats why me and a couple of friends are doing something seperate at an earlier time

that's a great point to make. thanks for mentioning it.

if any of you go on one of these cruises and you are registered for the show, keep in mind that if you show up at the entry gates AFTER 10:00am, you WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN and you will have to park elsewhere. you will still be able to collect your goody bag if you bring your hang tag to the check-in area.

i think the groups putting together these cruises do a great job getting people to come down to the show and it really is an awesome spectacle seeing so many steeds riding with one another, but if you are registered, remember that the entry gates will only be open from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

after they're closed, they're closed.

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
i also wanted to mention something about the sears parking lot.

you may have heard rumors that they might be charging to park over there. i have heard them too and they were more than just a rumor, it very nearly happened. we have fielded some complaints from the store over the years, mostly about people tailgating, but also about the amount of trash left behind, and their only working restrooms overwhelmed. these things and some other factors nearly closed that lot off for spectator parking.

well, people will still be able to park there, but there are a few caveats. the following was posted on our website, at the behest of the mall and sears management:
Sears Parking Details:
  • Come early for 1100 free parking spaces available in the Sears West parking lots. The parking lots will have limited access and entry will be granted off La Palma Ave and Stanton Ave.
  • Once the parking lots are full, there is to be no parking in the Buena Park Mall parking lots. Overflow traffic will be directed to the Knott's parking lots.
  • The Buena Park Mall parking lots will be subject to tow. Please do not park in these lots.

some other things to know:
  • the sears parking lot is the area on the western end of the mall property, at the corner of la palma and stanton avenues, from the signal at that corner to the signal at the stanton entrance. any area outside of this is considered mall parking.
  • the sears lot will be marked off by cones and/or temporary barriers.
  • there will be port-a-potties in the sears parking lot. please do not use the restrooms inside the store.
  • there will be security monitoring the parking. once the lot is full, they will direct you to park elsewhere. please be courteous if they do so.
  • PLEASE DO NOT PARK ANYWHERE IN THE MALL LOT! - this cannot be stressed enough. they are very serious about towing people if the courtesy is abused.

thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread